- £30,250 Per Annum
- Contract Type:
- Tonbridge, Kent
- DAR 0239
- Contract Type:
Job Title: Deputy Manager
Salary: up to £30,250 per annum
Swanstaff Recruitment are delighted to be representing our client, a leading Health and Social Care provider in recruiting for a Deputy Manager to assist the Home Manager in the smooth running of a brand new care home, specialising in working with elderly service users.
This is a permanent, full time role offering an attractive basic salary, along with 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays, 37.5 hours per week with working arrangements that will include weekends and evenings to cover meetings outside normal working hours, stakeholder pension scheme and full support with professional development.
- Manage the care services delivered to residents, and to deputise for the General Manager, ensuring the highest quality person centred care is delivered that meets the individuals’ needs
- To ensure that all relevant regulatory and legal requirements, group policies and procedures are met and operated within the agreed financial parameters
- To ensure that the home provides a homely and safe environment to all residents, consistent with their dignity, wellbeing and the principles of person centred care
- Agree strategy for the provision of care in the Home with the General Manager and support the General Manager in the safe running of the home
- Take responsibility for all aspects of care service delivery in the Home including ensuring compliance with the Health and Social Care Act and other relevant legislation and including the client’s Policies and procedures.
- Implement tools that will measure and monitor care standards and act on trends and patterns that may be present.
- Provide line performance management to the Care Team Leaders, including mentoring, coaching, supervision and appraisal to ensure clarity of direction, effective communication and development of personal potential
- Through effective rota planning, ensure an appropriate level of staffing on duty to meet the needs of the residents, taking into consideration the environment, skills and experience
- Provide effective induction for all new Care Team Leaders
- Foster a strong team ethic and inspire an element that champions the delivery of outstanding levels of person centred care
- To be responsible for the purchasing of care goods and services within the allocated care budget and in liaison with Head Office
- Monitor the care team performance ensuring achievable standards are set and issues of under-performance are effectively managed.
- Liaise with advocates and families dealing with complaints in the first instance, and resolve or progress through the General Manager and Head Office.
- Lead meetings with residents, staff and relatives, as determined by the General Manager dealing with feedback and taking responsibility for addressing actions.
- Manage the assessment process - ensuring relevant staff take part in interviewing and assessing prospective residents, their relatives and advocates.
- Manage reviews of residents as appropriate.
- Ensure there is an appropriate schedule of training and other development activities in place which adequately covers the knowledge and skills needs of the care staff evaluating the effectiveness of training received and liaising with the Training Consultants agree any changes needed.
- Deliver training in accordance with own areas of expertise.
- Ensure care planning and recording is carried out as stipulated by policies and procedures and CQC standards, always reflecting the residents’ current person centred needs
- Monitor residents care & support plans
- Involve residents and their advocates in regular reviews of their care plans.
- Monitor and ensure continuous improvement of care by participating in auditing
- Use judgement to inform the General Manager of key issues and progress.
- Ensure that the Care Team Leader works two or three shifts per week (to include alternate weekend working) to ensure policies, standards and ways of working are embedded in day-to-day practice. This may require working occasional night shifts.
- Ensure proper cover in order that the 24-hour needs of the residents are met including sharing on-call for the Home with the General Manager.
- Undertake risk assessments where necessary, and ensure that staff are aware of the results
- Have a proactive approach to problem solving
- Work with all staff towards agreed policies and standards of care in keeping with the stated beliefs of the company.
- To be actively involved with the effective recruitment and retention of care staff
- Work to promote equality and diversity, and eliminate discrimination for all the company’s residents, staff and volunteers.
- Take part in staff and residents’ meetings and in training activities as directed.
- Take part in individual performance reviews as required.
- Support the General Manager.
- Extensive experience in Care Home Management
- NVQ Level 4/5 or equivalent qualification
- Working knowledge of Health and Social Care Act, regulations and guidelines
- Experience of managing and working within budgets, ,and using measures of income and expenditure to plan and validate proposals
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Commitment to providing excellence in Care services
- Effective leadership styles; directive and supportive coaching, training and delegation
- Full, valid driving licence
Apply today, or call Emily in our Dartford Branch on 01322 479 999!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.