- £55,000 Per Annum
- Contract Type:
- Tonbridge, Kent
- DAR 0242
- Contract Type:
Job Title: Registered Manager
Salary: up to £55,000 per annum
Swanstaff Recruitment are delighted to be representing our client, a leading Health and Social Care provider in recruiting for a General Manager to lead a large care home in the Tonbridge area, specialising in the care of elderly service users.
This is a permanent, full time role offering an attractive basic salary.
- To provide overall leadership within the home
- To ensure the implementation of all The Society policies and procedures
- To ensure implementation of the Society’s Quality Assurance and Risk Management systems
- To ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, including the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014, financial and health and safety legislation
- To ensure high standards in the delivery of high quality person centred care that meets individuals needs and that is effectively delivered
- To arrange and access trial period for residents and undertake pre-assessments where necessary
- To ensure that all residents have an appropriate contract or statement of terms and conditions
- To ensure the home environment is homely and meets the needs of the residents
- To ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of the residents and the staff and that care and treatment are provided safely
- To establish and maintain positive working relationships with key partners and stakeholders, such as local GPs’
- To investigate complaints and safeguarding issues as directed by the Head of Care Operations
- To ensure risk assessments are carried out as required and necessary
- To ensure all risks are effectively and efficiently managed and work in liaison with the relevant Head Office departments
- To ensure the nutritional and hydration needs of residents are met and standards of the catering department meet current regulatory requirements
- Develop, monitor and manage action plans and implement actions arising from reports
- To effectively lead the home in the event of a crisis or major incident
- To enforce disciplinary procedures where necessary, taking advice and guidance from the Society’s HR outsourcing consultants
- To ensure that quarterly residents and relatives meetings are arranged
- To undertake regular audits to ensure that the systems and processes in the home are efficient and effective
- To promote and market the home externally to ensure the highest occupancy levels are maintained
- To ensure that good relationships are formed and maintained with line managers and their staff
- To ensure that effective rota’s are in place for all departments
- To develop links with the local community that benefit the homes residents and local people
- To share on call with the Deputy Manager
- To undertake supervisions and appraisals of all line reports
- To ensure that all necessary management information and records are effectively maintained
- To be responsible for the day to day management of income and expenditure, including occupancy and staffing, within the limits prescribed by the homes budget and in accordance with the Society’s Financial Regulations and Procedures
- To ensure, where a resident is assessed as lacking the capacity to manage their own financial affairs, that their money is handled properly and in compliance with relevant advocates and Lasting Powers of Attorney’s
- To ensure that monies collected via fundraising are managed correctly.
- Work with all staff towards agreed policies and standards of care in keeping with the stated beliefs of the Society.
- Work to promote equality and diversity, and eliminate discrimination for all the Society’s service users, staff and volunteers.
- To lead, manage and take part in staff and residents’ meetings and in training activities as directed.
- Take part in individual performance reviews as required.
- Demonstrate evidence of appropriate qualification to undertake the post (RMA, level 5 NVQ or equivalent) or above
- Care and Sheltered housing experience in the voluntary, public or private sectors
- NVQ Level 5
- Willing to undertake training
- Working knowledge of Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 and where applicable Housing regulations and guidelines, Adult Protection framework
- Experience of managing and working within budgets, and using measures of income and expenditure to plan and validate proposals Commitment to providing excellence in Care services
- Effective leadership styles; directive and supportive coaching, training, delegation
- Think ahead and plan
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards change
- Full UK Driving Licence is essential
- Flexible approach towards working hours
- Experience in working with elderly service users
Apply today, or call Emily in our Dartford Branch on 01322 479 999!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.