- £30,000.00 - £32,000.00 Per Annum
- Contract Type:
- Kent, England
- DAR 0312
- Contract Type:
Job Title: Care Manager
Salary: £30,000 - £32,000 per annum
Swanstaff Recruitment are delighted to be representing our client, a leading health and social care provider in recruiting for an experienced and dedicated Service Manager, to ensure the consistent delivery of outstanding care to service users with severe learning disabilities.
This is a great opportunity for a qualified Service Manager to take complete ownership in ensuring the smooth running of a small care home in the Folkestone area, guaranteeing that CQC policies are met and that effective care plans are being created and carried out.
This is a permanent, full time vacancy offering an attractive basic salary, along with the opportunity for career progression and benefits package within a friendly and professional establishment.
- Lead and direct the day-to-day operational management of the home, ensuring that available resources are used effectively to enable the provision of a good quality service.
- Ensure that all staff working within the home receive regular supervision, in accordance with company policy.
- Work closely with the Service Development Team, participating in the selection and compatibility of potential new residents, their assessment, and transition into the home if appropriate.
- Ensure that all service users have a dynamic support plan, which involves the person as far as is possible, takes account that person’s needs and aspirations, and is reviewed regularly.
- Hold responsibility for ensuring that the home operates in accordance with all statutory requirements, using the National Minimum Standards as a benchmark for good practice.
- Ensure that the home offers a safe environment geared to creating opportunities for the personal development of service users, taking into account practical, physical and emotional needs.
- Take a lead role for risk analysis within the home, ensuring that appropriate assessments take place, and plans put in place to minimise risk where necessary.
- Ensure that all steps are taken to maintain the health of people living within the home.
- Play a supporting role to Senior Managers regarding the Contract Monitoring process, providing reports and management information on the conduct of the home where this is necessary.
- Liaise with external Agencies as appropriate, and ensure that contact between the staff team and those Agencies is conducted in a professional manner.
- Work with the Personnel Department in supporting the recruitment and selection of staff, and assist the Area Manager in the formulation of staffing strategies, Policies and Procedures, and other pieces of managerial work as required.
- Participate, as required, in the formulation of budgets, and to monitor expenditure in specific budget headings, as required.
- Ensure that proper record and administrative systems are in place within the home, as required by Company Policy & Procedures, and Statutory Authorities.
- Be accountable for the management of the Home’s petty cash float and any monies/valuables belonging to service users kept within the home.
- Ensure that the home is run in accordance with good Health & Safety practice and legal requirements.
- Ensure that maintenance and equipment renewal needs are communicated to the relevant person, obtaining costings/quotes where appropriate, and then ordering items/services once authorised.
- Undertake any other managerial tasks as required, in accordance with the seniority and level of responsibility inherent in this position.
- To have significant management/supervisory experience in a relevant care setting within the past 5-years.
- Possess an appropriate qualification at NVQ4 level, or have the capacity to undertake this once in post, or hold another alternative professional qualification and be prepared to undertake the Registered Home Manager NVQ4 qualification
- Experience working with service users who have learning disabilities is essential
- Relevant learning disabilities qualification is preferred
- Knowledge of current legislative issues pertinent to the LD service
- Ability to participate in setting standards and auditing
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience at a Senior Area/ Regional Area level. If under 2 years’ experience this may be compensated by a Supporting Qualification
Apply today, or call Emily in our Dartford Branch on 01322 479 999!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.