Registered General Nurse
- £18,000.00 - £30,000.00 Per Annum
- Contract Type:
- East Sussex, England
- NOT 0105
- Contract Type:
Job Title: Registered General Nurse
Salary: up to £30,000 per annum
Swanstaff Recruitment are delighted to be representing our client, a leading health and social care provider in recruiting for an enthusiastic and caring Registered General Nurse to join a fantastic team of nurses on a brand new ward!
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced or newly qualified Registered General Nurse to take the next step forward in their career, assisting with the starting up of a brand new ward and to contribute towards the organisation’s quality improvement and quality assurance programmes.
This is a permanent, full time vacancy offering an attractive basic salary, along with the opportunity for career progression and benefits package within a friendly and professional establishment.
- To work as a named primary nurse for a group of service users as required by the Senior nurse.
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate care for specified service users to report any major areas of concern regarding the condition of service users to the Senior nurse.
- In association with Occupational Therapy and nursing colleagues, ensure that a structured day is provided for all service users. Take an active role on a daily basis to ensure that therapeutic groups and activities are embedded in the culture of each shift and report promptly any deficits in this respect to the nurse in charge or Unit Manager.
- Pro-actively delegate to junior staff their key responsibilities around OT and activities on a daily basis to ensure that a therapeutic and structured day is available for all service users.
- Alongside senior clinicians and using the company’s approved framework take an active role in assessing and monitoring of staff capability relating to the management of challenging behaviour on the unit.
- To act as associate nurse for other primary nurses to ensure continuity of care.
- To participate in clinical meetings/CPAs/MHRT as required.
- Maintain service user confidentiality at all times.
- To supervise the work of care assistants and ancillary staff.
- To be conversant with the main provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act and the COSHH Regulations and to ensure that the junior staff adhere to all policies
- To be fully conversant with the Care Standards Commission’s Guidelines for the running of Independent hospitals and the Registered Homes Act 1984.
- To be conversant with the Hospital’s policies and procedures and to ensure they are correctly applied.
- To be conversant with the main provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act and the COSHH Regulations and to ensure that the junior staff adhere to the policies in respect of the above.
- To keep up-dated in current professional practice and assist in the on-going induction/education of staff as required.
- To administer drugs in accordance with the Home’s policy, which encompasses guidelines issued by the Nursing Homes Inspectorate and the Standards for the Administration of Medicines N.M.C.
- To ensure that confidentiality is maintained by themselves and junior staff and ensure safe custody and maintenance of service user’s records.
- To report and properly document any accidents/untoward incidents as required by the policy.
- To assist in maintaining a therapeutic environment within the Ward in which up-to-date psychiatric nursing can flourish.
- To participate in therapeutic activities for service users including co-facilitating groups, community meetings etc.
- Ensure complaints are dealt with according to company policy.
- Current First Level Registration on the appropriate part of the Register held by the N.M.C.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and experience in caring for service users who exhibit challenging behaviour.
- Evidence of post registration study
- Prevention and Management of Violence training or De-escalation training or Working with Challenging behaviour training
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
- Working effectively within an MDT
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care using evidence based approaches
- Demonstrate a knowledge of risk assessment and risk management
- Knowledge of NMC code of conduct
- Knowledge of current developments in Nursing
- Able to prioritise workload and delegate appropriately
- Ability to supervise and teach qualified and unqualified Staff
- Demonstrate a commitment to Equality and Diversity
- Awareness of current developments in Nursing
- Contribution to improving quality
- Willingness to engage in supervision and reflective practice
Apply today, or call Emily in our Dartford Branch on 01322 479 999!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.