Neighborhood Housing Officer
- £14.33 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Kent, England
- DAR 1000
- Contract Type:
Job Title: Neighborhood Housing Officer
Salary: £14.33 per hour
Swanstaff Recruitment are delighted to be representing our client, a leading housing association in recruiting for a Neighbourhood Housing Officer to provide a high quality estate management service.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and approachable Housing Officer to ensure outstanding customer service and service delivery by acting as an ambassador for our client. This role will entail engaging with customers to design services that work for them and utilising resources within the local neighbourhood to make a real, quality difference to peoples’ lives!
This is a temporary, full time vacancy initially on a 4-8 week contract, with the potential to convert into a permanent role for the right candidate.
- To provide a consistently outstanding service that demonstrates the company’s corporate values and makes a real difference to resident’s lives, including ensuring our properties are well presented and maintained.
- To ensure that services the company deliver are resident focussed and responsive to local needs.
- Working closely with the Community Development team and encouraging involvement and feedback as an integral part of the service. This may include the need to attend evening meetings.
- To ensure a speedy and focussed response to anti-social behaviour and other breaches of tenancy conditions. Action to be realistic, fast and efficient and supported by an effective action plan.
- To visit prospective residents prior to lettings; carrying out accompanied viewings.
- Ensuring effective ‘sign-ups’ for tenants and shared owners.
- Selling the ethos of tenancy sustainment and responsibility.
- To enforce the company’s arrears recovery policy and procedure including proactive discussions with residents, pre-court visits and court/eviction attendance.
- Carry out regular estate inspections and regular monitoring of neighbourhood service contracts including cleaning and gardening with customers, acting to drive up standards of our partner contractors.
- Work with customers to develop the priorities for minor works and environmental improvements, making particular reference to the
- requirements for adaptations to communal areas both internally and externally to improve accessibility .
- To take ownership and responsibility for any service related complaints / queries from customers ensuring that the customer experience is positive, professional and within set timescales at all times.
- A sound knowledge of Landlord and Tenant legislation and best practice, supported by practical experience.
- A knowledge of effective strategies available in the management of ASB, supported by practical experience.
- A sound knowledge of resident involvement strategies and techniques, supported by practical application .
- A good understanding of Housing Benefits.
- A basic understanding of building maintenance and repair.
- An awareness of end-of-development processes and defect rectification processes and procedures.
- Housing related qualification to NVQ L3, or a willingness to study.
- A good standard of education.
- An awareness of Landlord and Tenant legislation and procedure relating to both general tenancy and other tenures.
- An awareness of Welfare Benefits, particularly Housing Benefits.
- An awareness of occasions that require liaison with Social Services (eg child protection, domestic violence)
- Appropriate means of transport.
- An ability to undertake work outside of normal office hours to meet the needs of the business.
Apply today, or call Emily in our Dartford Branch on 01322 479 999!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.