- £9.00 - £14.00 Per Annum
- Contract Type:
- Kent, England
- DAR 0112
- Contract Type:
Job Title: Drainage Engineer
Salary: competitive market salary
Swanstaff Recruitment are delighted to be representing our client, a leading waste management organisation based in Kent in recruiting for an experienced and hard-working Drainage Engineer to assist with meeting the needs of their huge client base.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and qualified Drainage Engineer to expand on their existing skills within a massive organisation that offers unlimited career progression and an attractive basic salary.
This is a permanent, full time role that offers career stability and the opportunity to develop a career!
- Drive and operate specialist jetting plant and vacuum tankers to clean clients’ apparatus, and transport and dispose of liquid waste, working on private and public land in strict accordance with statutory health, safety, and environmental procedures.
- Undertake basic H&S vehicle checks at the start and finish of each shift.
- Report all defects, accidents and near misses immediately to line manager.
- Ensure all jobs are correctly documented with work tickets submitted at the end of each shift.
- Maintain the driver’s log book in compliance with MoT rules and procedures.
- Ensure the condition of all issued personal protective clothing and equipment remains fit for purpose, clean and free from defects.
- Keep the vehicle and equipment washed down on a weekly basis, free from rubbish in hose and tool boxes and the cab.
- Undertake ad-hoc duties as and when your vehicle is off the road or you are required to assist other field teams in exceptional circumstances.
- Attend meetings, medical and training courses as and when required.
- LGV licence holder
- Previous work involving liquid waste products in the water utility / environmental services sector is desirable.
- Reliable, practical and responsible.
- Able to deal with the public in a polite and friendly manner.
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision and to receive instructions remotely.
- Good communicator, able to provide clear oral information to colleagues and management when required and to complete work tickets, log books etc.
- Work consistently to high standards of health and safety
- A zero tolerance alcohol and drug abuse policy applies.
Apply today, or call Emily in our Dartford Branch on 01322 479 999!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.