- £7.70-£8 w/d, £8.70-£9 w/e and £7.50 w/d £8.50 w/e
- Contract Type:
- Kent, England
- DAR 0116
- Contract Type:
Job Title: Support Worker
Salary: £7.70-£8 w/d, £8.70-£9 w/e and £7.50 w/d £8.50 w/e if under 25.
Swanstaff Recruitment is an award winning agency working on behalf of its prestigious client in care sector who is currently looking for a Support Worker.The role is full time and permanent offering an excellent salary package .This is an exciting and unique opportunity.
Our client is a 19 bedded residential home for adults with learning difficulties. It is set in beautiful grounds and whilst it is rural it is not far from Tenterdon, Cranbrook, Tunbridge Wells, Hastings, Maidstone and Ashford.
- To work as a member of the team to maintain effective working relations within and without the home.
- To participate in the development and implementation of individual training and behaviour management programmes and all Day Activities.
- To have day-to-day contact with the residents and maintain acceptable standards of social behaviour and discipline.
- To promote and encourage the highest standards of primary care for the residents with regard to their physical, personal and emotional needs.
- To assist the development of constructive leisure activities and accompany residents on all outings including swimming, riding, Keep Fit, etc. and accompany residents on holidays.
- To work closely with individuals acting as friend, counsellor and advisor and to take on key worker responsibilities to named residents.
- To safely administer medicines and First Aid under the direction of the Manager and care for those who may be ill or injured.
- All candidates are expected to work on a shift pattern which will equate to 4 days one week and 6 days the following week as our client works on alternate weekends.
- Occasional sleep ins are required by all staff. There is a separate rate for this activity.
- Shifts run 8am-3pm 2.45pm -10pm. Night shifts are 10pm-8 am for both sleeping and awake duties.
- The home also operates 2 support living houses not far from the main site which staff may also be required to provide cover for.
- No experience is required for Support workers as full training will be given.
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.