Senior Support Worker
- 16,250- 17,250
- Contract Type:
- Kent, England
- DAR 0117
- Contract Type:
Job Title: Senior Support Worker
Salary: 16,250- 17,250
Swanstaff Recruitment is an award winning agency working on behalf of its prestigious client in the care sector who is currently looking for a Senior Support Worker. The role is full time and permanent offering an excellent salary package .This is an exciting and unique opportunity.
Our client is a 19 bedded residential home for adults with learning difficulties. It is set in beautiful grounds and whilst it is rural it is not far from Tenterdon, Cranbrook,Tunbridge Wells,Hastings, Maidstone and Ashford.
- To deal with staff failing to carry out their duties appropriately and inform The Manager.
- To deal with all telephone calls by taking messages, passing on callers to key workers, The Manager etc.
- To develop a sense of responsibility and skills to think ahead, to act quickly, to anticipate consequences, to plan for changes and to be flexible with immediate situations.
- To look for opportunities to take initiative, extend, develop and enhance the quality of care, life styles, experiences of the residents’ and to look for opportunities for new developments.
- To set high personal standards and lead by example.
- To foster good relations and team spirit amongst staff and encourage team work.
- To sleep-in as necessary and perform on-call duties as required.
- To administer residents’ drugs as per the drug policy.
- All candidates are expected to work on a shift pattern which will equate to 4 days one week and 6 days the following week as our client works on alternate weekends.
- Occasional sleep ins are required by all staff. There is a separate rate for this activity.
- Shifts run 8am-3pm 2.45pm -10pm. Night shifts are 10pm-8 am for both sleeping and awake duties.
- The home also operates 2 support living houses not far from the main site which staff may also be required to provide cover for.
- 1 years’ experience in a supervisory role is expected for the senior role and experience of the sector is desirable but not essential.
- DBS and 2 references are required before work can commence.
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.