Senior Firmware Engineer
- Contract Type:
- Dover, England
- DAR 0165
- Contract Type:
Job Title:Senior Firmware Engineer
Swanstaff Recruitment is an award winning agency working on behalf of its prestigious client in the designs of electrical test equipment sector who is currently looking for an experienced Senior Firmware Engineer . The role is full time and permanent offering an excellent salary package .This is an exciting and unique opportunity.
The role is for an engineer to be based within the Engineering Research and Development department. Reporting to the Project Manager, the successful individual will develop and test C / C++ embedded firmware for new products. This role will require broad knowledge and extensive experience in the field of embedded firmware development. The applicant shall also be able to demonstrate organisational skills, time management, and pragmatism in view of project timescales and product requirements. Self-motivation and the ability to deliver without the need for supervisory checking are essential.
The successful applicant will:
- Eventually take the project's lead role in firmware development, from requirements capture into concept definition, implementation, testing and documentation
- Be responsible for authoring firmware detailed design specifications
- Ensure firmware implementation best fit with product requirements/features/cost
- Engage in debugging/troubleshooting firmware issues
- Understand and maintain existing firmware
- Work closely with hardware design team members and be responsible for all software and firmware related issues
- Provide effective estimates to the Project Manager to optimise overall project planning
- Provide timely and cost effective solutions for day-to-day challenges
Skills and Experience
Some key aspects include:
- Strong experience with ARM-based processor architectures, especially the ARM Cortex-M series and Cortex-A series of microcontrollers
- Proficiency with embedded RTOS development on bare metal systems
- Tool chain configuration and cross-compilation
- Kernel configuration and driver development
- Code development in C and C++ (experience of C#, Python or Perl would also be an advantage)
- Version control systems using SVN, GIT
- Understanding of RS-232, I2C,SPI, USB, Bluetooth, Ethernet and WIFI
- Experience with typical embedded control peripherals for example RAM, Flash, UART, PWM, A/D
- Use of runtime debuggers and ICE
Requirements to be eligible for consideration
- Honours Degree or higher qualification in Firmware engineering (Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent)
- Professional experience in measurement /control and Instrumentation
- Experience of development of embedded Linux applications
- Ability to analyse and solve complex problems which involve both firmware and hardware
- Willing and able to undertake occasional international travel across sites
- Eligible to work in the UK long-term (without a Visa or work permit).
- Competitive salary, depending upon experience
- Relocation packaged if appropriate.
Apply now or call Tom Kurczab in our Dartford branch!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.