HGV Tanker Driver Operative
- £9.50 per hour + on-call bonuses + overtime
- Contract Type:
- Kent, England
- DAR 0221
- Contract Type:
Job Title: HGV Tanker Driver Operative
Location: Ashford area
Salary: £9.50 per hour + on-call bonuses + overtime
Our long standing client has requested our assistance in their recent recruitment campaign! I am currently looking to speak to qualified HGV/LGV Drivers who are now looking for their next challenge within waste management. If you are looking for an opportunity to develop your skills not just as a driver, but within an emergency response environment then this could be the role for you!
Our client are offering the opportunity for a HGV/LGV driver to gain experience in a specialist area, along with unlimited career progression and the role of supervising junior members of the team! They have also recently increased salaries to exceed market rates.
- Drive and operate specialist jetting plant and vacuum tankers to clean clients’ apparatus, and transport and dispose of liquid waste, working on private and public land in strict accordance with statutory health, safety, and environmental procedures.
- Undertake basic H&S vehicle checks at the start and finish of each shift.
- Report all defects, accidents and near misses immediately to line manager.
- Ensure all jobs are correctly documented with work tickets submitted at the end of each shift.
- Maintain the driver’s log book in compliance with MOT rules and procedures.
- Ensure the condition of all issued personal protective clothing and equipment remains fit for purpose, clean and free from defects.
- Keep the vehicle and equipment washed down on a weekly basis, free from rubbish in hose and tool boxes and the cab.
- Undertake ad-hoc duties as and when your vehicle is off the road or you are required to assist other field teams in exceptional circumstances.
- Attend meetings, medical and training courses as and when required.
- Valid HGV/LGV Licence
- Ability to be flexible when working over a 7 day period
- Experience in working with liquid waste products in the water utility/environmental services sector is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of safe working in streetworks preferred but not essential
- Able to deal with the public in a polite and friendly manner
- Able to work with minimal supervision and to receive instructions remotely
- Work consistently to high standards of health and safety
Apply today, or call Emily in our Dartford Branch on 01322 479 999!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.