- Contract Type:
- Dover, England
- DAR 0284
- Contract Type:
Job Title: Repair Technician
Swanstaff Recruitment is an award winning agency working on behalf of its prestigious client in electrical/electronic sector who is currently looking for a highly skilled and organised Electrical / Electronic Instrument Technician.The role is full time and permanent.This is an exciting and unique opportunity.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Electrical / Electronic Instrument Technician to work for a well-established company by joining the Instrument Repair team at Dover. The role will involve testing, fault finding to component level and repairing products that have been returned.
Reporting to the Repairs and Customer Service Manager
- Fault finding and to repair and calibrate electrical / electronic field type instrumentation.
- Fault finding and to repair and calibrate electrical / electronic bench type instrumentation.
- Read and understand repair manuals, schematics, and circuit diagrams.
- Fault finding and Repair at printed circuit board level including replacing surface mount components.
- Raising requisitions for replacement components as required.
- Assisting in supporting an international network of Megger approved repair centres.
- Properly using high voltage test equipment.
- Producing fault reports and inputting correct data into the Repairs data base.
- Updating as new, returned electrical / electronic field and bench type instrumentation.
- Represent the Repairs department in new product development project teams.
Skills / Qualifications Required
- Ideally, qualified to HNC Electrical / Electronic discipline or equivalent consideration for suitable experience.
- Previous experience in a similar technical role.
- Conversant with the use of fault finding devices such multi-meters and oscilloscopes.
- Experience of fault finding at component level.
- Ability to read and understand manuals, schematics, and circuit diagrams.
- Ability to fault find, and diagnose root cause.
- Working experience within an electrical test environment.
- Experience of producing fault reports and inputting correct data into ERP software.
- Good communication skills, written and conversational.
- Enthusiastic and a team player.
- Full driving licence.
Successful applicants will receive benefits package, including generous pension scheme, free car park and rewarding working environment.
Apply now or call Tom Kurczab in our Dartford branch!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.