- Attractive salary plus benefits
- Contract Type:
- Kent, England
- DAR 0390
- Contract Type:
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Salary: Attractive salary plus benefits
Swanstaff Recruitment is an award winning agency working on behalf of its prestigious client, a leading manufacturer of precision engineered components and assemblies who is currently looking for an experienced for Maintenance Technician. The role is full time and permanent offering an excellent salary package.This is an exciting and unique opportunity.
Main Purpose of Position
The Maintenance Department is focussed on effective and efficient repairs and planned preventative maintenance of all machinery and plant to ensure on time delivery of products to meet both internal and external customer needs. The department is consistently striving to work to best practice and lean manufacturing methodologies.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring that all site, plant and equipment is well maintained and in a good, safe condition in accordance with internal procedures and Health & Safety Regulations and to assist in maintaining and controlling a planned maintenance programme for all plant and equipment.
Job competencies, Key Skills and Experience
- To have a qualification in either mechanical or electrical engineering
- Press guard training
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a disciplined environment
- Resilience to meet the demands and challengers of the job
- Continuous improvement philosophy
- An analytical, methodical problem solving approach
- Attention to detail
- A flexible approach
- To carry out repairs, both mechanical and electrical (If authorised to do so) in order to maintain the smooth running of all site processes and equipment
- To be responsible for the quality of maintenance work carried out
- To ensure that presses are in good condition as laid down in legislation
- Liaise with various external sources such as insurers, lifting gear specialists, subcontractors etc. and ensure that the company is working within the correct procedures and complying with appropriate legislation
- To assist in the management and control of planned maintenance covering major plant and equipment
- To ensure that you are working to the correct methods
- Attend daily tier meetings
- To ensure that all Health & Safety guidelines and procedures are followed at all times
- Make necessary decisions to achieve the required results within agreed timescales, policies and procedures
- To display good housekeeping in all areas
- To carry out other duties that fall within the general scope of the post which may be required from time to time
Apply now or call Tom Kurczab in our Dartford branch!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.