- £30,000 Per Annum
- Contract Type:
- Kent, England
- Contract Type:
Job Title: Registered Manager
Location: Folkestone, Kent
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Registered Manager now looking for a new challenge? Do you have a passion for changing the lives of service users with learning disabilities? If you’re shouting “me!” then I need to hear from you today!
I am looking for a passionate and professional Registered Manager who is now looking to take complete ownership of a 16 bed, learning disabilities-focussed care home within a company with a proven track-record of internal promotions and career progression! As my star candidate you will display enthusiasm and a genuine desire to promote the independence of service users whilst working in accordance with CQC policies and budgetary requirements. You will display exciting and forward-thinking ideas in order to promote brand and company awareness and move forward with a rapidly expanding business.
This is a permanent, full time positon where you have the opportunity to hit-the-ground running and build a long and successful career with a market-leading health and social care provider!
- Lead and direct the day-to-day operational management of the home, ensuring that available resources are used effectively to enable the provision of a good quality service.
- Ensure that all staff working within the home receive regular supervision, in accordance with Company Policy.
- Work closely with the Service Development Team, participating in the selection and compatibility of potential new residents, their assessment, and transition into the home if appropriate.
- Ensure that all service users have a dynamic support plan, which involves the person as far as is possible, takes account that person’s needs and aspirations, and is reviewed regularly.
- Hold responsibility for ensuring that the home operates in accordance with all statutory requirements, using the National Minimum Standards as a benchmark for good practice.
- Ensure that the home offers a safe environment geared to creating opportunities for the personal development of service users, taking into account practical, physical and emotional needs.
- Take a lead role for risk analysis within the home, ensuring that appropriate assessments take place, and plans put in place to minimise risk where necessary.
- Ensure that all steps are taken to maintain the health of people living within the home.
- Play a supporting role to Senior Managers regarding the Contract Monitoring process, providing reports and management information on the conduct of the home where this is necessary.
- Liaise with external Agencies as appropriate, and ensure that contact between the staff team and those Agencies is conducted in a professional manner.
- Work with the Personnel Department in supporting the recruitment and selection of staff, and assist the Area Manager in the formulation of staffing strategies, Policies and Procedures, and other pieces of managerial work as required.
- Participate, as required, in the formulation of budgets, and to monitor expenditure in specific budget headings, as required.
- Ensure that proper record and administrative systems are in place within the home, as required by Company Policy and Procedures, and Statutory Authorities.
- Be accountable for the management of the Home’s petty cash float and any monies/valuables belonging to service users kept within the home.
- Participate in the Area’s on-call management system as required.
- Ensure that the home is run in accordance with good Health and Safety practice and legal requirements.
- Ensure that maintenance and equipment renewal needs are communicated to the relevant person, obtaining costings/quotes where appropriate, and then ordering items/services once authorised.
- Ensure that good communication networks are maintained within the home, upwards within the company management structure, and sideways to relevant others.
- Undertake Reg. 26 visits in other homes, should this be required.
- Support the Company’s Disciplinary and Grievance processes, as required, including involvement in Investigations, and the Chairing of Disciplinary Hearings if need be.
- Ensure that all staff within the Home are aware of, and adhere to, Company Policy Procedures, and to have involvement in the review and revision of these, and other Company documents when required.
- Undertake any other managerial tasks as required, in accordance with the seniority and level of responsibility inherent in this position.
- NVQ Level 4/5 in health and social care management preferred
- Experience working within a learning disabilities setting is essential
- Experience managing a similar sized care home
- Driving licence preferred
- A genuine to desire to promote independence
- Up-to-date knowledge of CQC policies and procedures
- Strong leadership skills whilst adopting a hands-on approach
This unique and exciting position will be filled quickly, so if you don’t want to miss your chance to apply for this opportunity, get in touch with Emily in Head Office for more details!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.