Your Role as a 7.5t Driver
Daily Duties of a 7.5t Driver
- Plan delivery routes and ensure that routes maximise productivity.
- Communicate with customers/suppliers to coordinate drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Supervising and assisting with the Loading of Goods
- Ensure safe loading guidelines are met
- Carry out pre and post-shift Vehicle inspections and report any maintenance issues
- Logging hours and completing any paperwork required
- Drivers must report any accident or issue to the client
- To ensure customer satisfaction, drivers must interact with customers politely and address any concerns a customer may have.
Required Experience and Skills of a 7.5t Driver
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Interpersonal skills - particularly when you are dealing directly with customers
- Many roles require the use of hand held technology/devices so you will need to have the ability to use these with training.
Ashford in Kent boasts to be the second fastest growing district in the county, with a population increase of 22.2% - providing a growing workforce population for the SME's and large corporations based locally. The town has international rail links via the Eurostar and the town is surrounded by idyllic countryside and thriving market towns.
For those that live locally, the area sees fair and affordable house prices compared to other areas in the South East and 34% lower than London. There is plenty to do in the local area too including a Designer Shopping outlet and beaches within easy reach. The area is also becoming increasingly known for its Vineyards and there are various hiking trails along the South Downs.