Your Role as a 7.5t Driver
Daily Duties of a 7.5t Driver
- Plan delivery routes and ensure that routes maximise productivity.
- Communicate with customers/suppliers to coordinate drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Supervising and assisting with the Loading of Goods
- Ensure safe loading guidelines are met
- Carry out pre and post-shift Vehicle inspections and report any maintenance issues
- Logging hours and completing any paperwork required
- Drivers must report any accident or issue to the client
- To ensure customer satisfaction, drivers must interact with customers politely and address any concerns a customer may have.
Required Experience and Skills of a 7.5t Driver
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Interpersonal skills - particularly when you are dealing directly with customers
- Many roles require the use of hand held technology/devices so you will need to have the ability to use these with training.
Cambridgshire is a county northeast of London. Many areas of the county are rural with areas such as Godmanchester, Huntington, Ely and Wisbech providing agricultural land and market towns to the surrounding population. Larger areas such as Peterborough and Cambridge are more densely populated.
Cambridgeshire, and in particular Cambridge itself has a worldwide reputation as a place where new technologies emerge, companies are born and products that transform society are developed. The county is home to over 28,000 businesses providing 381,000 jobs. There are four dominating sectors in the area which each provide over 40,000 jobs - Professional, Scientific & Tech, Health and Social Work, Wholesale and Retail Trade and Education.
The area provides many leisure activities and attractions for residents and visitors alike including the Imperial War Museum, Ely Cathedral, Punting on the riverways, visiting historical places of interest such as Oliver Cromwell's residence or a visit to the famous Cambridge University.
Full-time Counterbalance Forklift Driver
£8.45 - 12.67 Per Hour
Swanstaff are currently recruiting for a Counterbalance Forklift Driver to support our client in Peterborough. We are looking for an experienced candidate to join the present team on an ongoing temporary basis. You will be loading and unloading lorries, picking and stacking tote bags as well as pallets. You will need to be physically fit due to some heavy lifting involved. Stock will be booked in and out using a scanner but you will be expected to cross-check naturally so good numeracy and literacy are required. You are also possibly meeting directly with customers so a pleasant manner is required. Work Pattern: Working Monday to Friday (and Saturdays during peak periods Feb-Apr and Jul-Oct). During peak periods you will work Monday to Friday 12 hour shifts within the hours of 0600 and 2000 with Saturday mornings. Off-peak will settle to a standard 40 hours although some flexibility may be required should deliveries be late arriving. Requirements: Valid Counterbalance Forklift Licence Flexibility in working hours Must be able to communicate well in English (both written and verbally) Benefits: Overtime at 1.5 after 40 hours worked Monday to Friday with Saturday mornings - No working on Sundays Temporary to possible Permanent position for the right candidate Quick start available Weekly Pay Apply today, please note aTelephone interview will be conducted before shortlisting of candidates. A quick start is required but the right candidate is alsoimportant. Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.