Your Role as a 7.5t Driver
Daily Duties of a 7.5t Driver
- Plan delivery routes and ensure that routes maximise productivity.
- Communicate with customers/suppliers to coordinate drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Supervising and assisting with the Loading of Goods
- Ensure safe loading guidelines are met
- Carry out pre and post-shift Vehicle inspections and report any maintenance issues
- Logging hours and completing any paperwork required
- Drivers must report any accident or issue to the client
- To ensure customer satisfaction, drivers must interact with customers politely and address any concerns a customer may have.
Required Experience and Skills of a 7.5t Driver
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Interpersonal skills - particularly when you are dealing directly with customers
- Many roles require the use of hand held technology/devices so you will need to have the ability to use these with training.
Chelmsford is a City in Essex with a district population of over 175,000 people. Chelmsford gained City status in 2012, prior to this Essex was the only UK county without a city.
Chelmsford’s thriving economy includes over 17,000 businesses which create 85,000 jobs. Chelmsford contributes over £3.5 billion to the national economy and is the business hub of Essex.
What does Chelmsford have to offer?
Chelmsford has over 1.2million square feet of shopping, 1700 acres of parks and green spaces, three theatres, three sports centres and an ice rink. There are plenty of local eateries to grab some lunch and great options for after work socialising including pubs, clubs, bars, cinemas and restaurants.
Class 1 and 2 Drivers
£13 - 18 Per Hour
CLASS 1 AND 2 DRIVERS NEEDED!! The best rates in the Chelmsford area are on offer with the leading Logistics supplier in the area! Job title:Class 1 and 2 Drivers Location:Chelmsford, Essex Rate of pay:£13.00 - £18.00 per hour As a Class 1 & 2 HGV Driver you will need to have: Class 1 & 2 HGV licence – with a minimum of 6 months experience in the UK Have no more than 6 points on your licence (No DR, DD or IN codes) Have driven as a Class 1 HGV Driver for the last 180 days in the UK All drivers must have full CPC & digi-tacho card Understanding of working time directive Professional and positive attitude Benefits of working with us as a Class 1 HGV driver: Work as often or as little as you want LTD or PAYE drivers welcome Refer a friend scheme Weekly pay 24/7 on call support for all drivers If you're interested in these roles, please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Rosie McMullen! Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.