Your Role as a 7.5t Driver
Daily Duties of a 7.5t Driver
- Plan delivery routes and ensure that routes maximise productivity.
- Communicate with customers/suppliers to coordinate drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Supervising and assisting with the Loading of Goods
- Ensure safe loading guidelines are met
- Carry out pre and post-shift Vehicle inspections and report any maintenance issues
- Logging hours and completing any paperwork required
- Drivers must report any accident or issue to the client
- To ensure customer satisfaction, drivers must interact with customers politely and address any concerns a customer may have.
Required Experience and Skills of a 7.5t Driver
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Interpersonal skills - particularly when you are dealing directly with customers
- Many roles require the use of hand held technology/devices so you will need to have the ability to use these with training.
The county of Essex, in England, represents the positives of British culture, past and present. Located in the south-east of England and within easy access of London, this uniquely English county has so much to offer with rolling countryside, coastal and market towns and busier urban hubs such as Colchester and Chelmsford.
The county is also great for businesses, with four international deep sea ports, six rail freight terminals and the UK’s third largest cargo airport (London Stansted) in Essex it is easy to see why over 90,000 businesses choose Essex as their home.