Your Role as a 7.5t Driver
Daily Duties of a 7.5t Driver
- Plan delivery routes and ensure that routes maximise productivity.
- Communicate with customers/suppliers to coordinate drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Supervising and assisting with the Loading of Goods
- Ensure safe loading guidelines are met
- Carry out pre and post-shift Vehicle inspections and report any maintenance issues
- Logging hours and completing any paperwork required
- Drivers must report any accident or issue to the client
- To ensure customer satisfaction, drivers must interact with customers politely and address any concerns a customer may have.
Required Experience and Skills of a 7.5t Driver
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Interpersonal skills - particularly when you are dealing directly with customers
- Many roles require the use of hand held technology/devices so you will need to have the ability to use these with training.
Ipswich is a large town in Suffolk with a population of 137,500. Set on the River Orwell, its waterfront is lined with cafes, galleries and shops, and the 19th-century Old Custom House which reflects the towns maritime history.
If you are looking for something to do in Ipswich you could take a cruise along the river Orwell, visit Christchurch Mansion to view the historical artwork on display or spend your time shopping in the town where you will find an array of independent retailers as well as high street staples.
There are over 9500 businesses offering employment opportunities in Ipswich. The largest employment sector in Ipswich is Health and Social Care, closely followed by Wholesale and Retail trades.