Your Role as a 7.5t Driver
Daily Duties of a 7.5t Driver
- Plan delivery routes and ensure that routes maximise productivity.
- Communicate with customers/suppliers to coordinate drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Supervising and assisting with the Loading of Goods
- Ensure safe loading guidelines are met
- Carry out pre and post-shift Vehicle inspections and report any maintenance issues
- Logging hours and completing any paperwork required
- Drivers must report any accident or issue to the client
- To ensure customer satisfaction, drivers must interact with customers politely and address any concerns a customer may have.
Required Experience and Skills of a 7.5t Driver
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Interpersonal skills - particularly when you are dealing directly with customers
- Many roles require the use of hand held technology/devices so you will need to have the ability to use these with training.
Long known as Britain's Gateway to Europe, with over 70,000 registered businesses, Kent offers a great place to find work - with an unemployment rate of 2.4% - lower than the national average.
The county of Kent has a population of over 155 Million people, with towns including Dartford, Swanley, Maidstone, Sevenoaks, Ashford and Folkestone all having great transport links to London and the coast.
The county has a lot to offer it's residents and visitors, with miles of open countryside, quaint coastal towns and lifestyle destinations such as Bluewater Shopping Centre. You don't get a much better way to relax in your downtime than sitting in a Kentish pub garden with the sun shining down on you, enjoying the fresh countryside air that the garden of England offers.