Your Role as a 7.5t Driver
Daily Duties of a 7.5t Driver
- Plan delivery routes and ensure that routes maximise productivity.
- Communicate with customers/suppliers to coordinate drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Supervising and assisting with the Loading of Goods
- Ensure safe loading guidelines are met
- Carry out pre and post-shift Vehicle inspections and report any maintenance issues
- Logging hours and completing any paperwork required
- Drivers must report any accident or issue to the client
- To ensure customer satisfaction, drivers must interact with customers politely and address any concerns a customer may have.
Required Experience and Skills of a 7.5t Driver
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Interpersonal skills - particularly when you are dealing directly with customers
- Many roles require the use of hand held technology/devices so you will need to have the ability to use these with training.
Maidstone is a large town on the river Medway in mid-kent which is just 32 miles from London. There are over 7000 businesses in the town and a population of around 160,000 people. The town has excellent transport connectivity with Europe, lying just off the M20 motorway connecting it to Dover and the coast. With business overheads as much as 60% lower than London it is easy to see why many choose to locate their businesses here.
For people working and living in Maidstone the area offers a busy town centre with shopping, restaurants clubs and bars on your doorstep and two train stations. There are also great entertainment areas including a fantastic Leisure Centre and country park at Mote Park.