Your Role as a 7.5t Driver
Daily Duties of a 7.5t Driver
- Plan delivery routes and ensure that routes maximise productivity.
- Communicate with customers/suppliers to coordinate drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Supervising and assisting with the Loading of Goods
- Ensure safe loading guidelines are met
- Carry out pre and post-shift Vehicle inspections and report any maintenance issues
- Logging hours and completing any paperwork required
- Drivers must report any accident or issue to the client
- To ensure customer satisfaction, drivers must interact with customers politely and address any concerns a customer may have.
Required Experience and Skills of a 7.5t Driver
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Interpersonal skills - particularly when you are dealing directly with customers
- Many roles require the use of hand held technology/devices so you will need to have the ability to use these with training.
Medway is made up of the towns of Chatham, Gillingham, Rainham, Rochester and Strood. Chatham is the commercial centre of Medway and Rochester is home to many tourist attractions including a Castle and Cathedral. The area is also famous for its links to the author Charles Dickens, who is celebrated annually at the Dickens Festival.
In terms of employment opportunities, there are over 8000 businesses in Medway, with 13% of these hiring more than 50 employees - this is much higher than the national average of 2%. The unemployment rate is 3.9% which is lower than the national average. Construction and Scientific & Technical are the biggest industries in Medway.