Your Role as a 7.5t Driver
Daily Duties of a 7.5t Driver
- Plan delivery routes and ensure that routes maximise productivity.
- Communicate with customers/suppliers to coordinate drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Supervising and assisting with the Loading of Goods
- Ensure safe loading guidelines are met
- Carry out pre and post-shift Vehicle inspections and report any maintenance issues
- Logging hours and completing any paperwork required
- Drivers must report any accident or issue to the client
- To ensure customer satisfaction, drivers must interact with customers politely and address any concerns a customer may have.
Required Experience and Skills of a 7.5t Driver
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Interpersonal skills - particularly when you are dealing directly with customers
- Many roles require the use of hand held technology/devices so you will need to have the ability to use these with training.
Peterborough has a population of almost 200,000 people, 125,000 of which are of working age (16-64). There are 117,000 local jobs. Key sectors providing jobs include Health and Social work, Administration and Support Services and Wholesale and Retail trade.
The city centre has leisure amenities including cinema, the Queensgate shopping centre and also has it's own Gothic cathedral and museum. The area is also home to other attractions including Flag Fen Archaeology Park which features Bronze Age village and causeway remains Nene Park and Ferry Meadows recreation area.
To find out more about our Recruitment Agency in Peterborough click here.