Your Role as a 7.5t Driver
Daily Duties of a 7.5t Driver
- Plan delivery routes and ensure that routes maximise productivity.
- Communicate with customers/suppliers to coordinate drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Supervising and assisting with the Loading of Goods
- Ensure safe loading guidelines are met
- Carry out pre and post-shift Vehicle inspections and report any maintenance issues
- Logging hours and completing any paperwork required
- Drivers must report any accident or issue to the client
- To ensure customer satisfaction, drivers must interact with customers politely and address any concerns a customer may have.
Required Experience and Skills of a 7.5t Driver
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Interpersonal skills - particularly when you are dealing directly with customers
- Many roles require the use of hand held technology/devices so you will need to have the ability to use these with training.
Sevenoaks spans an area of 142 square miles in West Kent and borders Greater London, making it a prime area for businesses across a large number of sectors. Central London is just 21 miles away and Sevenoaks is well connected by both rail and road. As a rural district, the population sits at around 30,000.
Sevenoaks is an affluent area with an average house price of £663,431. This brings with it a highly skilled workforce, many of whom commute out of the area for work - however, there has been a rising number of local businesses which follows a regional trend of companies seeking lower operating costs, most prevalent are service-based industries, particularly in the finance and business services sector. The area has an unemployment rate of just 1%.