Your Role as a 7.5t Driver
Daily Duties of a 7.5t Driver
- Plan delivery routes and ensure that routes maximise productivity.
- Communicate with customers/suppliers to coordinate drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Supervising and assisting with the Loading of Goods
- Ensure safe loading guidelines are met
- Carry out pre and post-shift Vehicle inspections and report any maintenance issues
- Logging hours and completing any paperwork required
- Drivers must report any accident or issue to the client
- To ensure customer satisfaction, drivers must interact with customers politely and address any concerns a customer may have.
Required Experience and Skills of a 7.5t Driver
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Interpersonal skills - particularly when you are dealing directly with customers
- Many roles require the use of hand held technology/devices so you will need to have the ability to use these with training.
Southend on Sea is a seaside town in Essex, it hosts the world's longest leisure pier, stretching 1.34 miles from shore! The area has a population of 174,300 which swells in peak summer season - records show that in excess of 6.5million people visit the area each year.
The area has lots going on, particularly in the outdoors and also has a vibrant nightlife. The estuaries and countryside of unparalleled beauty surrounding Essex make Southend on Sea a great place to live, work and visit.