Your Role as a 7.5t Driver
Daily Duties of a 7.5t Driver
- Plan delivery routes and ensure that routes maximise productivity.
- Communicate with customers/suppliers to coordinate drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Supervising and assisting with the Loading of Goods
- Ensure safe loading guidelines are met
- Carry out pre and post-shift Vehicle inspections and report any maintenance issues
- Logging hours and completing any paperwork required
- Drivers must report any accident or issue to the client
- To ensure customer satisfaction, drivers must interact with customers politely and address any concerns a customer may have.
Required Experience and Skills of a 7.5t Driver
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Interpersonal skills - particularly when you are dealing directly with customers
- Many roles require the use of hand held technology/devices so you will need to have the ability to use these with training.
Suffolk is a quintessentially English County located in the East of England within the East Anglia region and has a total population of 758,600. Suffolk is very picturesque with a beautiful coastline, seaside & market towns and plenty of rolling countryside. The main towns in Suffolk are Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds, Lowestoft and Sudbury and the county borders Essex, Cambridgeshire and Norfolk. Whilst feeling a world away from the hustle and bustle, the county is just 90 minutes drive to London and benefits from good direct rail links from the main towns.
The area is very rich in History from the Saxons, to the rebel Queen Bodicea who defeated the Romans, right up to the many expeditions of Settlers leaving for America.
The landscape and the Architectural beauty of the area has long inspired Artists to work and live in Suffolk including John Constable who painted most of his masterpieces along the River Stour.
When it comes to the local Economy, unemployment rates In Suffolk are below the national average at 3.7%, there are 4 key industries that makeup over 45% of the counties jobs - Wholesale & Retail Trade, Health & Social Care, Manufacturing and Admin & Support Services. The county is home to many Food & Beverage manufacturers including household names such as Branston Pickle, Greene King, Birds Eye and the Port of Felixstowe is the largest container port in the UK, dealing with 48% of the UK's containerised trade.
To find out about our recruiting team and jobs in Suffolk click here