Your Role as a 7.5t Driver
Daily Duties of a 7.5t Driver
- Plan delivery routes and ensure that routes maximise productivity.
- Communicate with customers/suppliers to coordinate drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Supervising and assisting with the Loading of Goods
- Ensure safe loading guidelines are met
- Carry out pre and post-shift Vehicle inspections and report any maintenance issues
- Logging hours and completing any paperwork required
- Drivers must report any accident or issue to the client
- To ensure customer satisfaction, drivers must interact with customers politely and address any concerns a customer may have.
Required Experience and Skills of a 7.5t Driver
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Interpersonal skills - particularly when you are dealing directly with customers
- Many roles require the use of hand held technology/devices so you will need to have the ability to use these with training.
Swanley is a town based in North West Kent and sits close to the London Borough of Bexley and neighbouring areas of Dartford and Sevenoaks. Due to its proximity right next to the M25 and M20 motorways and being within easy reach of both London and the Coast, the area is popular with the freight and logistics industry.
The Town Centre is currently awaiting a regeneration project which will create 303 new homes and 4,318 square metres of commercial and retail space, Sevenoaks Council has also recently announced plans for a £17m investment for a new leisure centre in the town.