Your Role as a Class 1 Driver
Haulage and logistics is the 5th largest UK Employment sector, this means that Class 1 Drivers are in demand. You can work on short or long haul delivery runs on either a permanent or flexible contract. Class 1 Drivers are able to drive Category C+E vehicles which include articulated lorries. If you like to work alone and enjoy travelling the country and want a job that is reliable then this is a great career choice!
Daily Duties of a Class 1 Driver
- Plan delivery routes and ensure that routes maximise productivity.
- For goods to be delivered, drivers must communicate with customers to coordinate drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Supervising the Loading of Goods
- To ensure the safety of the product, drivers check that all products are safely secured for transport.
- Route Alterations- Sometimes, routes must be altered if there are accidents or large amounts of traffic.
- Lorry inspections to be sure that it complies with national safety regulations and legal requirements.
- Logging hours and filing delivery forms are the responsibility of the driver.
- If a driver notices an issue with the lorry, it is the driver’s responsibility to see that it gets the proper maintenance.
- Drivers must report any accident or issue to the company dispatcher.
- To ensure customer satisfaction, drivers must interact with customers politely and address any concerns a customer may have.
Required Experience and Skills of a Class 1 Driver
- Good driving skills and knowledge of current Road Transport Regulations.
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Mechanical and vehicle knowledge
- Polite, courteous, respectful and helpful.
- Self motivation and ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete Paperwork and often use hand-held electronic devices to log your deliveries.
Braintree, Essex is located 10 miles northeast of Chelmsford and 15 miles west of Colchester and has a population of over 37,000 people. The district has four market towns Braintree, Coggeshall, Halstead and Witham. The area has it's own designer clothing outlet Freeport (Braintree Village) and a number of leisure destinations including Great Notley Country Park, Cineworld and Braintree Leisure Centre.
Counterbalance & Reach Forklift Driver
£9.50 Per Hour
Are you an experienced Forklift Driver with a Counterbalance and Reach licence? We need to hear from you! Job title: Counterbalance and Reach Forklift Driver Location: Braintree, Essex Rate of pay: £9.50 per hour What you'll need: You will be required to drive both counterbalance and reach Forklift Trucks Palletising Shrink wrapping Loading lorries General warehouse duties including stock replenishment, booking in stock, pallet picking and stock movement Newly Passed Drivers Will be Considered! Why work for our client: Friendly run business with a great team of staff Drivers with an ADR card can make more money If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and call Mike on 01245 66888 for more information. Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.