Your Role as a Class 1 Driver
Haulage and logistics is the 5th largest UK Employment sector, this means that Class 1 Drivers are in demand. You can work on short or long haul delivery runs on either a permanent or flexible contract. Class 1 Drivers are able to drive Category C+E vehicles which include articulated lorries. If you like to work alone and enjoy travelling the country and want a job that is reliable then this is a great career choice!
Daily Duties of a Class 1 Driver
- Plan delivery routes and ensure that routes maximise productivity.
- For goods to be delivered, drivers must communicate with customers to coordinate drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Supervising the Loading of Goods
- To ensure the safety of the product, drivers check that all products are safely secured for transport.
- Route Alterations- Sometimes, routes must be altered if there are accidents or large amounts of traffic.
- Lorry inspections to be sure that it complies with national safety regulations and legal requirements.
- Logging hours and filing delivery forms are the responsibility of the driver.
- If a driver notices an issue with the lorry, it is the driver’s responsibility to see that it gets the proper maintenance.
- Drivers must report any accident or issue to the company dispatcher.
- To ensure customer satisfaction, drivers must interact with customers politely and address any concerns a customer may have.
Required Experience and Skills of a Class 1 Driver
- Good driving skills and knowledge of current Road Transport Regulations.
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Mechanical and vehicle knowledge
- Polite, courteous, respectful and helpful.
- Self motivation and ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete Paperwork and often use hand-held electronic devices to log your deliveries.
Cambridgshire is a county northeast of London. Many areas of the county are rural with areas such as Godmanchester, Huntington, Ely and Wisbech providing agricultural land and market towns to the surrounding population. Larger areas such as Peterborough and Cambridge are more densely populated.
Cambridgeshire, and in particular Cambridge itself has a worldwide reputation as a place where new technologies emerge, companies are born and products that transform society are developed. The county is home to over 28,000 businesses providing 381,000 jobs. There are four dominating sectors in the area which each provide over 40,000 jobs - Professional, Scientific & Tech, Health and Social Work, Wholesale and Retail Trade and Education.
The area provides many leisure activities and attractions for residents and visitors alike including the Imperial War Museum, Ely Cathedral, Punting on the riverways, visiting historical places of interest such as Oliver Cromwell's residence or a visit to the famous Cambridge University.
Duel Fuel Engineer
£28000 - 28000 Per Annum OTE 38,000
Duel Fuel Engineers….Are you looking for a change of direction in career and for a new challenge? If so, I have a position for you… Swanstaff Recruitment are delighted to be supporting our client in their search for Duel Fuel Engineers, to join their team on a permanent full time basis. Joe Title: Duel Fuel Engineer Location: Peterborough (Field Based) Salary: £28,000 basic + van + bonuses + overtime (average OTE earnings £38,000) The Role: To exchange gas and electricity meters in customers’ homes. Provide a first class after-care service which includes a full demonstration to the customer on using their new meter. Repairing and maintaining meters after initial install. Requirements: Minimum of 6 months experience fitting duel fuel smart meters MET1 CMA1/CCN1 Single phase electric MOCOPA (1a and 1c) REGT1 and polyphase electric (desirable not essential) If you are looking for the next step in your career and want to head towards Christmas with a brand new role, then get in touch with Gareth in our Head Office. These roles will be filled quickly so get in touch today if you don’t want to miss out! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company #recruiting #recreuitment #swanhappy #swanstaff #engingering #engineeringjobs #duelfuel