Your Role as a Class 1 Driver
Haulage and logistics is the 5th largest UK Employment sector, this means that Class 1 Drivers are in demand. You can work on short or long haul delivery runs on either a permanent or flexible contract. Class 1 Drivers are able to drive Category C+E vehicles which include articulated lorries. If you like to work alone and enjoy travelling the country and want a job that is reliable then this is a great career choice!
Daily Duties of a Class 1 Driver
- Plan delivery routes and ensure that routes maximise productivity.
- For goods to be delivered, drivers must communicate with customers to coordinate drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Supervising the Loading of Goods
- To ensure the safety of the product, drivers check that all products are safely secured for transport.
- Route Alterations- Sometimes, routes must be altered if there are accidents or large amounts of traffic.
- Lorry inspections to be sure that it complies with national safety regulations and legal requirements.
- Logging hours and filing delivery forms are the responsibility of the driver.
- If a driver notices an issue with the lorry, it is the driver’s responsibility to see that it gets the proper maintenance.
- Drivers must report any accident or issue to the company dispatcher.
- To ensure customer satisfaction, drivers must interact with customers politely and address any concerns a customer may have.
Required Experience and Skills of a Class 1 Driver
- Good driving skills and knowledge of current Road Transport Regulations.
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Mechanical and vehicle knowledge
- Polite, courteous, respectful and helpful.
- Self motivation and ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete Paperwork and often use hand-held electronic devices to log your deliveries.
What does Colchester have to offer?
Flexi Forklift Driver
£9 - 10 Per Hour
***EXCITING OPPORTUNITY*** Swanstaff are looking for experienced Flexi forklift drivers to join a prestigious client based in Colchester. Job title:Flexi Forklift Driver Location:Colchester, Essex Rate of pay:£9.00 - £10.00 per hour The role of a Flexi Forklift Driver: The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 years’ experience working on a Bendi/Flexi forklift truck and hold an up to date certificate. This is a temp to perm opportunity meaning that should you be successful within a 12 week period, you will be offered a full time permanent contract with our client. Daily duties include: Loading goods onto lorries / vans. Liaising with the warehouse manager and quick to carry out instruction. Loading Pallets and unloading pallets. Manual handling goods. Printing appropriate stickers for palletised stock to ensure it is delivered to the correct location. Standard working hours: 6am to 2pm 8am to 4pm If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Karen from our Colchester team!