Your Role as a Class 1 Driver
Haulage and logistics is the 5th largest UK Employment sector, this means that Class 1 Drivers are in demand. You can work on short or long haul delivery runs on either a permanent or flexible contract. Class 1 Drivers are able to drive Category C+E vehicles which include articulated lorries. If you like to work alone and enjoy travelling the country and want a job that is reliable then this is a great career choice!
Daily Duties of a Class 1 Driver
- Plan delivery routes and ensure that routes maximise productivity.
- For goods to be delivered, drivers must communicate with customers to coordinate drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Supervising the Loading of Goods
- To ensure the safety of the product, drivers check that all products are safely secured for transport.
- Route Alterations- Sometimes, routes must be altered if there are accidents or large amounts of traffic.
- Lorry inspections to be sure that it complies with national safety regulations and legal requirements.
- Logging hours and filing delivery forms are the responsibility of the driver.
- If a driver notices an issue with the lorry, it is the driver’s responsibility to see that it gets the proper maintenance.
- Drivers must report any accident or issue to the company dispatcher.
- To ensure customer satisfaction, drivers must interact with customers politely and address any concerns a customer may have.
Required Experience and Skills of a Class 1 Driver
- Good driving skills and knowledge of current Road Transport Regulations.
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Mechanical and vehicle knowledge
- Polite, courteous, respectful and helpful.
- Self motivation and ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete Paperwork and often use hand-held electronic devices to log your deliveries.
What does Colchester have to offer?
HGV Class 2 Driver
£11 - 13 Per Hour
Summer nights and BBQ's may be over, but your success with Swanstaff is only just starting. We are currently recruiting an experienced HGV Class 2 Driver in the Colchester area! Job title: HGV Class 2 Driver Location: Colchester, Essex Rate of pay: £11.00 - £13.00 per hour The role of a HGV Class 2 Driver: You will be delivering goods in and around the UK on a multi drop basis so exceptional timekeeping is paramount. You will be required to assist with unloading goods by hand from time to time, Manual handling and heavy lifting is involved in this job. The job requires 2 nights out a week The hours for the job are as follows: · 4am to 8am Start · 5pm - 6pm Finish Due to the nature of the job you will require your own steel toe-capped boots. If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and call Lucy on 01206 570688 for more information! Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.