Your Role as a Class 1 Driver
Haulage and logistics is the 5th largest UK Employment sector, this means that Class 1 Drivers are in demand. You can work on short or long haul delivery runs on either a permanent or flexible contract. Class 1 Drivers are able to drive Category C+E vehicles which include articulated lorries. If you like to work alone and enjoy travelling the country and want a job that is reliable then this is a great career choice!
Daily Duties of a Class 1 Driver
- Plan delivery routes and ensure that routes maximise productivity.
- For goods to be delivered, drivers must communicate with customers to coordinate drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Supervising the Loading of Goods
- To ensure the safety of the product, drivers check that all products are safely secured for transport.
- Route Alterations- Sometimes, routes must be altered if there are accidents or large amounts of traffic.
- Lorry inspections to be sure that it complies with national safety regulations and legal requirements.
- Logging hours and filing delivery forms are the responsibility of the driver.
- If a driver notices an issue with the lorry, it is the driver’s responsibility to see that it gets the proper maintenance.
- Drivers must report any accident or issue to the company dispatcher.
- To ensure customer satisfaction, drivers must interact with customers politely and address any concerns a customer may have.
Required Experience and Skills of a Class 1 Driver
- Good driving skills and knowledge of current Road Transport Regulations.
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Mechanical and vehicle knowledge
- Polite, courteous, respectful and helpful.
- Self motivation and ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete Paperwork and often use hand-held electronic devices to log your deliveries.
What does Colchester have to offer?
Bendi Forklift Driver
£9 - 10 Per Hour
Swanstaff are currently looking for 3 Bendi Forklift Drivers to cover the following shifts with the following pay rates: 06:00 - 14:00 (£9.00) 14:00 - 22:00 (£9.50) 22:00 - 06:00 (£10.00) All of the above are Monday to Friday. You will be responsible for moving palletised stock throughout the warehouse and preparing stock ready for the picking team. If this role is of interest, please do not hesitate to apply below. Alternatively you can contact Tom direct on (01206) 570688. Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
Counterbalance Forklift Driver
£9 Per Hour
Swanstaff are looking for experienced counterbalance forklift drivers to join a manufacturing client based on Severalls industrial estate. This is a temp to perm opportunity meaning that should you be successful within a 12 week temp to permanent period, you will be offered a full time contract with our client. Job title: Counterbalance Forklift Driver Location: Colchester Rate of pay: £9 per hour The role of a Counterbalance Forklift Driver: Loading goods onto lorries/vans. Liaising with the warehouse manager. Manual handling goods onto pallets. Stacking pallets. Wrapping pallets for dispatch. Printing appropriate stickers for palletised stock to ensure it is delivered to the correct location. Standard working hours: 07:30 - 17:00 Monday to Thursday 07:30 - 16:30 Friday The requirements of a Counterbalance Forklift Driver: Minimum of 1 year experience working on the counterbalance forklift truck. Your own pair of steel toe-capped boots. Please do bear in mind that although this is a counterbalance forklift role, you will be required to work off the forklift around 70% of your working day. If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to email@example.com and call Tom on 01206 570688 for more information!