Your Role as a Class 1 Driver
Haulage and logistics is the 5th largest UK Employment sector, this means that Class 1 Drivers are in demand. You can work on short or long haul delivery runs on either a permanent or flexible contract. Class 1 Drivers are able to drive Category C+E vehicles which include articulated lorries. If you like to work alone and enjoy travelling the country and want a job that is reliable then this is a great career choice!
Daily Duties of a Class 1 Driver
- Plan delivery routes and ensure that routes maximise productivity.
- For goods to be delivered, drivers must communicate with customers to coordinate drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Supervising the Loading of Goods
- To ensure the safety of the product, drivers check that all products are safely secured for transport.
- Route Alterations- Sometimes, routes must be altered if there are accidents or large amounts of traffic.
- Lorry inspections to be sure that it complies with national safety regulations and legal requirements.
- Logging hours and filing delivery forms are the responsibility of the driver.
- If a driver notices an issue with the lorry, it is the driver’s responsibility to see that it gets the proper maintenance.
- Drivers must report any accident or issue to the company dispatcher.
- To ensure customer satisfaction, drivers must interact with customers politely and address any concerns a customer may have.
Required Experience and Skills of a Class 1 Driver
- Good driving skills and knowledge of current Road Transport Regulations.
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Mechanical and vehicle knowledge
- Polite, courteous, respectful and helpful.
- Self motivation and ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete Paperwork and often use hand-held electronic devices to log your deliveries.
Reach Truck Forklift Driver
£10.50 Per Hour
Swanstaff Waltham Crossare currently recruiting for an experienced FLT reach truch driver to work with our private, prestigiousclient. Job Title: FLT Reach Location: Enfield Rate of Pay:£10.50 per hour The role of a Reach Forklift Driver: You will be working on a fast paced site using a Reach Forklift to distribute goods around the warehouse. The role will also include some warehouse work. You will be working Monday – Thursday 5.30pm – 5.30am. You must be happy to work nights. The requirements of a Reach Forklift Driver: Must be available for to work nights. Must have a valid FLT Reach licence. Previous Reach truck experience. Must be proactive and work on your own initiative. Excellent communication and organisation skills. Reliable, flexible and enthusiastic. Benefits of working for Swanstaff Recruitment: Flexibility Excellent rates of pay Refer a friend scheme *T&C’s apply* Friendly and helpful team 24 hours a day Paid annual leave If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Amy O'Keeffe! Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
£8.72 - 12 Per Hour
Swanstaff Recruitment are looking for Support Workers who are caring and kind natured. Whether you specialize within Elderly Care, Young Adults, Mental Health, we have the role for you. Our homes are always on the hunt for new Support Workers and Carers on a full time or part time basis. Job Title: Support Worker Location: Peterborough Rate of Pay: £8.72 - £12.00 per hour Requirements of a Support Worker: You must have a minimum of 6 months experience within the care industry You must be able to work on your own as well as in a team environment Being a driver is an advantage however not essential Benefits of working for Swanstaff: Weekly pay On going work Shifts that work around your availability 24/7 on going support If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Kirstie Sandford! Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
£8.72 - 9.70 Per Annum
Job Title: Healthcare Assistant Location: Norwich Rate of Pay: £8.72-£9.70 Swanstaff Recruitment are currently looking for Healthcare Assistants to provide excellent care for the elderly, help them and their families enjoy their time together at one of the most challenging times of their lives. The Role of a Healthcare Assistant: Serving meals and helping to feed service users Monitoring patients’ conditions by taking temperatures, pulse, and respirations Becoming a friend to the service users and somebody they can rely on Ideally be a driver Requirements of a Healthcare Assistant: A minimum of 6 months UK based Healthcare experience A valid DBS (although we can help you obtain one) To be of a kind and caring nature Benefits: Weekly pay On-going work Shifts to work around your availability 24/7 on call service from our dedicated consultants Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.