Your Role as a Class 1 Driver
Haulage and logistics is the 5th largest UK Employment sector, this means that Class 1 Drivers are in demand. You can work on short or long haul delivery runs on either a permanent or flexible contract. Class 1 Drivers are able to drive Category C+E vehicles which include articulated lorries. If you like to work alone and enjoy travelling the country and want a job that is reliable then this is a great career choice!
Daily Duties of a Class 1 Driver
- Plan delivery routes and ensure that routes maximise productivity.
- For goods to be delivered, drivers must communicate with customers to coordinate drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Supervising the Loading of Goods
- To ensure the safety of the product, drivers check that all products are safely secured for transport.
- Route Alterations- Sometimes, routes must be altered if there are accidents or large amounts of traffic.
- Lorry inspections to be sure that it complies with national safety regulations and legal requirements.
- Logging hours and filing delivery forms are the responsibility of the driver.
- If a driver notices an issue with the lorry, it is the driver’s responsibility to see that it gets the proper maintenance.
- Drivers must report any accident or issue to the company dispatcher.
- To ensure customer satisfaction, drivers must interact with customers politely and address any concerns a customer may have.
Required Experience and Skills of a Class 1 Driver
- Good driving skills and knowledge of current Road Transport Regulations.
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Mechanical and vehicle knowledge
- Polite, courteous, respectful and helpful.
- Self motivation and ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete Paperwork and often use hand-held electronic devices to log your deliveries.
The county of Herts has a population of over 1.2 Million people and an Unemployment rate lower than the national average at 3.6%, with towns including Hatfield, St Albans, Hemel Hempstead, Waltham Cross, Stevenage and Letchworth Garden City all having great transport links to central London. Herts also borders London Boroughs including Enfield, Barnet and Harrow.
The county has a lot to offer residents and visitors, including a Snow Centre, Warner Brothers Studio Tours including Harry Potter Tour and miles of open countryside for outdoor pursuits in areas such as Tring.
£10.18 Per Hour
Swanstaff Waltham Cross are looking for experienced Warehouse Pickers to join our client working night shifts based within 5 minutes of Waltham Cross Train Station. This is a great opportunity for someone to jump on the progression ladder within a warehouse! The hours will be 6pm to 3am with a 1 hour lunch break on an hourly rate of £10.18. Paid 40 hours per week 5 days of 7, with shift rota 4 weeks in advance 4 weeks temp to perm Up to £7800 in bonuses on top of your annual salary Small team with supervisor mentoring You mustlive locally to Waltham Cross Train Station or have your own method of transport. For more information please contact Jade on 01992 641987!
Conveyor Line Operative
£9.85 Per Hour
Swanstaff Waltham Cross are looking for experienced Warehouse Operatives to join our client working on the Conveyor Line department. Our client supplies fresh fruit and vegetables all over the UK to wholesaler and catering customers. Your working hours will be Sunday to Friday 2pm to Midnight. Job Description: You will be required to pick fresh produce into the cases along the Conveyor Line You must work efficiently and accurately to ensure that all cases are packed smoothly You will be required to ensure that the warehouse is clean and tidy upon finishing your shift Requirements: You must be able to work the above working hours You need to have worked within a warehouse recently for at least 1 year You must be able to work efficiently and accurately For more information please contact Jade on 01992 641987 to book your slot for registration!