Your Role as a Class 1 Driver
Haulage and logistics is the 5th largest UK Employment sector, this means that Class 1 Drivers are in demand. You can work on short or long haul delivery runs on either a permanent or flexible contract. Class 1 Drivers are able to drive Category C+E vehicles which include articulated lorries. If you like to work alone and enjoy travelling the country and want a job that is reliable then this is a great career choice!
Daily Duties of a Class 1 Driver
- Plan delivery routes and ensure that routes maximise productivity.
- For goods to be delivered, drivers must communicate with customers to coordinate drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Supervising the Loading of Goods
- To ensure the safety of the product, drivers check that all products are safely secured for transport.
- Route Alterations- Sometimes, routes must be altered if there are accidents or large amounts of traffic.
- Lorry inspections to be sure that it complies with national safety regulations and legal requirements.
- Logging hours and filing delivery forms are the responsibility of the driver.
- If a driver notices an issue with the lorry, it is the driver’s responsibility to see that it gets the proper maintenance.
- Drivers must report any accident or issue to the company dispatcher.
- To ensure customer satisfaction, drivers must interact with customers politely and address any concerns a customer may have.
Required Experience and Skills of a Class 1 Driver
- Good driving skills and knowledge of current Road Transport Regulations.
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Mechanical and vehicle knowledge
- Polite, courteous, respectful and helpful.
- Self motivation and ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete Paperwork and often use hand-held electronic devices to log your deliveries.
Long known as Britain's Gateway to Europe, with over 70,000 registered businesses, Kent offers a great place to find work - with an unemployment rate of 2.4% - lower than the national average.
The county of Kent has a population of over 155 Million people, with towns including Dartford, Swanley, Maidstone, Sevenoaks, Ashford and Folkestone all having great transport links to London and the coast.
The county has a lot to offer it's residents and visitors, with miles of open countryside, quaint coastal towns and lifestyle destinations such as Bluewater Shopping Centre. You don't get a much better way to relax in your downtime than sitting in a Kentish pub garden with the sun shining down on you, enjoying the fresh countryside air that the garden of England offers.
Class 2 Driver
£11 - 16 Per Hour
Swanstaff Recruitment are currently looking for experienced Class 2 Drivers for a number of our clients in Swanley. We are running multiple contracts ranging from general haulage, timber and palletized goods. We are in a position to offer drivers temporary work within multiple companies that I am dealing with, this will hopefully lead to full time hours on a weekly basis depending on candidate availability. Job Title:Class 2 Driver Location: Swanley Rate of Pay: £11.00 - £16.00 per hour The role of a Class 2 Driver: This ideal candidate for this role would have experience driving a Class 2 unit, be used to Manual Handling and be able to operate a tail lift and a pump truck. Candidates should also have experience when it comes to checking loads and straps and vehicle safety. Lastly, we expect all drivers to have a very good knowledge of tacho rules and regulations. In return we are able to offer successful candidates a pay rate of £11.00 to £12.50 per hour for PAYE workers and £14.00 to £16.00 per hour for LTD companies. The requirements of a Class 2 Driver: Daily vehicle checks Deliver goods to businesses and residential properties all over the South East region Collections if required Ensure all paperwork is completed on time and correct Keep tacho in line with current rules and regulations Valid Class 2 licence Valid CPC and Tacho card Benefits of working for Swanstaff: Regular work, Monday to Sunday. Weekly pay by BACS every Friday. Holiday pay Dedicated consultant available to you every day of the week. Pension accruals If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Matthew Way from our Swanley team! Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES