Your Role as a Class 1 Driver
Haulage and logistics is the 5th largest UK Employment sector, this means that Class 1 Drivers are in demand. You can work on short or long haul delivery runs on either a permanent or flexible contract. Class 1 Drivers are able to drive Category C+E vehicles which include articulated lorries. If you like to work alone and enjoy travelling the country and want a job that is reliable then this is a great career choice!
Daily Duties of a Class 1 Driver
- Plan delivery routes and ensure that routes maximise productivity.
- For goods to be delivered, drivers must communicate with customers to coordinate drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Supervising the Loading of Goods
- To ensure the safety of the product, drivers check that all products are safely secured for transport.
- Route Alterations- Sometimes, routes must be altered if there are accidents or large amounts of traffic.
- Lorry inspections to be sure that it complies with national safety regulations and legal requirements.
- Logging hours and filing delivery forms are the responsibility of the driver.
- If a driver notices an issue with the lorry, it is the driver’s responsibility to see that it gets the proper maintenance.
- Drivers must report any accident or issue to the company dispatcher.
- To ensure customer satisfaction, drivers must interact with customers politely and address any concerns a customer may have.
Required Experience and Skills of a Class 1 Driver
- Good driving skills and knowledge of current Road Transport Regulations.
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Mechanical and vehicle knowledge
- Polite, courteous, respectful and helpful.
- Self motivation and ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete Paperwork and often use hand-held electronic devices to log your deliveries.
Suffolk is a quintessentially English County located in the East of England within the East Anglia region and has a total population of 758,600. Suffolk is very picturesque with a beautiful coastline, seaside & market towns and plenty of rolling countryside. The main towns in Suffolk are Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds, Lowestoft and Sudbury and the county borders Essex, Cambridgeshire and Norfolk. Whilst feeling a world away from the hustle and bustle, the county is just 90 minutes drive to London and benefits from good direct rail links from the main towns.
The area is very rich in History from the Saxons, to the rebel Queen Bodicea who defeated the Romans, right up to the many expeditions of Settlers leaving for America.
The landscape and the Architectural beauty of the area has long inspired Artists to work and live in Suffolk including John Constable who painted most of his masterpieces along the River Stour.
When it comes to the local Economy, unemployment rates In Suffolk are below the national average at 3.7%, there are 4 key industries that makeup over 45% of the counties jobs - Wholesale & Retail Trade, Health & Social Care, Manufacturing and Admin & Support Services. The county is home to many Food & Beverage manufacturers including household names such as Branston Pickle, Greene King, Birds Eye and the Port of Felixstowe is the largest container port in the UK, dealing with 48% of the UK's containerised trade.
To find out about our recruiting team and jobs in Suffolk click here
£8.72 Per Hour
Swanstaff Ipswichare pleased to have an immediate start available for a Picker/Packer who is available Start 8.30am finish 5pm on an ongoing basis. The job involves weighing different products and then packaging and labelling them. This is a fast paced environment but every order has to be perfect so you must have a good eye for detail. Job title: Picker/Packer Location: Ipswich, Suffolk Rate of pay: £8.72 per hour Requirements of a Picker/Packer: 1 year Warehouse experience Good eye for detail as job involves weighing products to an exact weight Good understanding of English Benefits of working for Swanstaff: Regular work, Monday to Sunday. Weekly pay by BACS every Friday. Holiday pay Dedicated consultant available to you every day of the week. Pension accruals If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Franco from our Ipswich team! Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.