Your Role as a Class 1 Driver
Haulage and logistics is the 5th largest UK Employment sector, this means that Class 1 Drivers are in demand. You can work on short or long haul delivery runs on either a permanent or flexible contract. Class 1 Drivers are able to drive Category C+E vehicles which include articulated lorries. If you like to work alone and enjoy travelling the country and want a job that is reliable then this is a great career choice!
Daily Duties of a Class 1 Driver
- Plan delivery routes and ensure that routes maximise productivity.
- For goods to be delivered, drivers must communicate with customers to coordinate drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Supervising the Loading of Goods
- To ensure the safety of the product, drivers check that all products are safely secured for transport.
- Route Alterations- Sometimes, routes must be altered if there are accidents or large amounts of traffic.
- Lorry inspections to be sure that it complies with national safety regulations and legal requirements.
- Logging hours and filing delivery forms are the responsibility of the driver.
- If a driver notices an issue with the lorry, it is the driver’s responsibility to see that it gets the proper maintenance.
- Drivers must report any accident or issue to the company dispatcher.
- To ensure customer satisfaction, drivers must interact with customers politely and address any concerns a customer may have.
Required Experience and Skills of a Class 1 Driver
- Good driving skills and knowledge of current Road Transport Regulations.
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Mechanical and vehicle knowledge
- Polite, courteous, respectful and helpful.
- Self motivation and ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete Paperwork and often use hand-held electronic devices to log your deliveries.
Swanstaff Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency in Waltham Cross providing Healthcare Jobs, Driving Jobs and Industrial Jobs in Waltham Cross. We recruit for temporary and permanent roles within these sectors and also have some office and commercial roles available.
Waltham Cross is a suburban former village and now a town in the south of the Borough of Broxbourne in Hertfordshire 12 miles (20 km) north by north-east of Charing Cross in central London. It is in the metropolitan area of London, the Greater London Urban Area. The town is known for having one of three surviving medieval Eleanor Crosses (out of 12 originals) in the town centre. The small town is close to the larger towns of Cheshunt, Enfield and Waltham Abbey.
Two local overground train stations provide connectivity to central London links to Liverpool Street, Seven Sisters, Stratford and Victoria, the town sits in Zone 7 for fares.
£25000 Per Annum
Swanstaff have a fantastic opportunity for a confident candidate, whom is searching for full time Office Administrator role in Enfield. The successful candidate will have an impeccable telephone manner, confident in excel, word and power point and enjoys meeting and greeting clients and customers. Previous office administration experience is pivotal to being successful with our waste management client. Job title: Office Administrator Location: Enfield, Hertfordshire Rate of pay: £25,000 per annum We require candidates to be available Mon to Friday 7am to 5 pm, 1 hour lunch and half days on a Saturday, every other Saturday. This is a great opportunity to obtain full time employment for January 2020 The role of an Office Administrator: Monday to Friday (half day every other Saturday) Data Entry of Job Cards Assisting of Planning Waste Routes Liasing with the transport team Rota Management Coordinating of Shifts Other Ad Hoc administrations The requirements of an Office Administrator: Confident in Excel, Word, and Power Point Minimum of 3 years previous Office Administrations Driving license and own car due to location Excellent communication with customer service skills If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Franco from our Waltham Cross branch! Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.