Your Role as a Class 2 Driver
Haulage and logistics is the 5th largest UK Employment sector, this means that Class 2 Drivers are in demand. You can work on short or long haul delivery runs on either a permanent or flexible contract basis. Class 2 Drivers are able to drive Category C rigid vehicles. If you like to work alone and enjoy travelling the country and want a job that is reliable then this is a great career choice! You will help keep businesses and the economy moving by playing a vital role in the movement of goods, which totals 148 Billion Tonnes each year in the UK (and that's only the goods transported by UK registered vehicles!).
Daily Duties of a Class 2 Driver
- Planning Delivery Routes
- Coordinating Deliveries with Customers
- Supervising the Loading of Goods
- Securing Goods to ensure they are safely loaded for transport
- Checking and amending routes when required
- Vehicle Inspections and adhering to Safety Regulations
- Filing Paperwork including logging your Driver hours
- Vehicle Maintenance logging
- Communicate issues with Dispatchers/Employer
- Interact with Customers
Skills and Experience of a Class 2 Driver
- Good driving skills and knowledge of current Road Transport Regulations.
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Mechanical and vehicle knowledge
- Polite, courteous, respectful and helpful.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete Paperwork and often use hand-held electronic devices to log your deliveries.
Basildon is the largest and fastest growing economy in Essex with big names such as Ford Motor Company and Konica Minolta based in the town. The town has a population of over 180,000 people and an economy worth £3.7bn. The area is strong for the digital, creative and ICT sectors and is well connected with London and international destinations. It is just 30 minutes by train to London and 20 minutes from London Southend airport.
Class 1 and 2 Drivers
£13 - 15 Per Hour
Are you an experienced Class 1 or Class 2 Driver in the Basildon area looking for a new role? We need to hear from you! HGV Class 1 & 2 Drivers Wanted - Excellent rates of pay Swanstaff Recruitment national driving division are looking for HGV Cat CE Driver (s) to cover various shifts around the Basildon area! On a weekly basis we have several shifts that need filling; these positions range from deliveries/collections, General Haulage, Pallet work or Trunking. Day and night shifts are available, we offer excellent rates of pay. Please contact us for further details or apply to this posting and someone will contact you to discuss everything in further detail. Company Requirements: HGV Class 1 (C+E) Entitlement held for minimum of 2 years. At least 12 months experience driving a HGV Class 1 & 2 vehicle Valid Digital Tachograph Card Valid Driver Qualification (CPC) Card Maximum 6 points on licence –DR,DDorINconviction codes will not be accepted. Full 5 Year employment history with no more than 28-day gaps in employment Clean Criminal Record Check (DBS / CRC) (not essential as we can assist you in obtaining this) We are offering the following rates of pay*: From £13.00 to £15.00 per hour If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Amy O'Keeffe! Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.