Your Role as a Class 2 Driver
Haulage and logistics is the 5th largest UK Employment sector, this means that Class 2 Drivers are in demand. You can work on short or long haul delivery runs on either a permanent or flexible contract basis. Class 2 Drivers are able to drive Category C rigid vehicles. If you like to work alone and enjoy travelling the country and want a job that is reliable then this is a great career choice! You will help keep businesses and the economy moving by playing a vital role in the movement of goods, which totals 148 Billion Tonnes each year in the UK (and that's only the goods transported by UK registered vehicles!).
Daily Duties of a Class 2 Driver
- Planning Delivery Routes
- Coordinating Deliveries with Customers
- Supervising the Loading of Goods
- Securing Goods to ensure they are safely loaded for transport
- Checking and amending routes when required
- Vehicle Inspections and adhering to Safety Regulations
- Filing Paperwork including logging your Driver hours
- Vehicle Maintenance logging
- Communicate issues with Dispatchers/Employer
- Interact with Customers
Skills and Experience of a Class 2 Driver
- Good driving skills and knowledge of current Road Transport Regulations.
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Mechanical and vehicle knowledge
- Polite, courteous, respectful and helpful.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete Paperwork and often use hand-held electronic devices to log your deliveries.
Braintree, Essex is located 10 miles northeast of Chelmsford and 15 miles west of Colchester and has a population of over 37,000 people. The district has four market towns Braintree, Coggeshall, Halstead and Witham. The area has it's own designer clothing outlet Freeport (Braintree Village) and a number of leisure destinations including Great Notley Country Park, Cineworld and Braintree Leisure Centre.