Your Role as a Class 2 Driver
Haulage and logistics is the 5th largest UK Employment sector, this means that Class 2 Drivers are in demand. You can work on short or long haul delivery runs on either a permanent or flexible contract basis. Class 2 Drivers are able to drive Category C rigid vehicles. If you like to work alone and enjoy travelling the country and want a job that is reliable then this is a great career choice! You will help keep businesses and the economy moving by playing a vital role in the movement of goods, which totals 148 Billion Tonnes each year in the UK (and that's only the goods transported by UK registered vehicles!).
Daily Duties of a Class 2 Driver
- Planning Delivery Routes
- Coordinating Deliveries with Customers
- Supervising the Loading of Goods
- Securing Goods to ensure they are safely loaded for transport
- Checking and amending routes when required
- Vehicle Inspections and adhering to Safety Regulations
- Filing Paperwork including logging your Driver hours
- Vehicle Maintenance logging
- Communicate issues with Dispatchers/Employer
- Interact with Customers
Skills and Experience of a Class 2 Driver
- Good driving skills and knowledge of current Road Transport Regulations.
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Mechanical and vehicle knowledge
- Polite, courteous, respectful and helpful.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete Paperwork and often use hand-held electronic devices to log your deliveries.
Cambridgshire is a county northeast of London. Many areas of the county are rural with areas such as Godmanchester, Huntington, Ely and Wisbech providing agricultural land and market towns to the surrounding population. Larger areas such as Peterborough and Cambridge are more densely populated.
Cambridgeshire, and in particular Cambridge itself has a worldwide reputation as a place where new technologies emerge, companies are born and products that transform society are developed. The county is home to over 28,000 businesses providing 381,000 jobs. There are four dominating sectors in the area which each provide over 40,000 jobs - Professional, Scientific & Tech, Health and Social Work, Wholesale and Retail Trade and Education.
The area provides many leisure activities and attractions for residents and visitors alike including the Imperial War Museum, Ely Cathedral, Punting on the riverways, visiting historical places of interest such as Oliver Cromwell's residence or a visit to the famous Cambridge University.