Your Role as a Class 2 Driver
Haulage and logistics is the 5th largest UK Employment sector, this means that Class 2 Drivers are in demand. You can work on short or long haul delivery runs on either a permanent or flexible contract basis. Class 2 Drivers are able to drive Category C rigid vehicles. If you like to work alone and enjoy travelling the country and want a job that is reliable then this is a great career choice! You will help keep businesses and the economy moving by playing a vital role in the movement of goods, which totals 148 Billion Tonnes each year in the UK (and that's only the goods transported by UK registered vehicles!).
Daily Duties of a Class 2 Driver
- Planning Delivery Routes
- Coordinating Deliveries with Customers
- Supervising the Loading of Goods
- Securing Goods to ensure they are safely loaded for transport
- Checking and amending routes when required
- Vehicle Inspections and adhering to Safety Regulations
- Filing Paperwork including logging your Driver hours
- Vehicle Maintenance logging
- Communicate issues with Dispatchers/Employer
- Interact with Customers
Skills and Experience of a Class 2 Driver
- Good driving skills and knowledge of current Road Transport Regulations.
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Mechanical and vehicle knowledge
- Polite, courteous, respectful and helpful.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete Paperwork and often use hand-held electronic devices to log your deliveries.
What does Colchester have to offer?
HGV Class 2 Tipper Driver
£11.50 - 12.50 Per Hour
We are currently recruiting for a large family run business in the Colchester area who require experienced Tipper drivers to deliver top quality materials across Essex, Hertfordshire, Suffolk and London. If you have any experience working with a Tippers then we want to hear from you! You will need to have held your Class 2 Licence for a minimum of 2 years and have driven a Class 2 vehicle regularly for the last 6 months. Job Title: HGV 2 Tipper Driver Location: Colchester Salary: £11.50 - £12.50 per hour The Role of a HGV Class 2 Tipper Driver: My client will provide you with an onsite assessment which will give you the reassurance and knowledge of what is required from you as a driver! Hours of work will be days. Early starts (between 5:30 & 06:00) The benefits of working for Swanstaff: 20 days annual leave + bank holidays, Onsite parking Paid weekly by BACS This is a temporary to permanent position… do not delay and apply NOW!! If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Karen from our Colchester team! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.