Your Role as a Class 2 Driver
Haulage and logistics is the 5th largest UK Employment sector, this means that Class 2 Drivers are in demand. You can work on short or long haul delivery runs on either a permanent or flexible contract basis. Class 2 Drivers are able to drive Category C rigid vehicles. If you like to work alone and enjoy travelling the country and want a job that is reliable then this is a great career choice! You will help keep businesses and the economy moving by playing a vital role in the movement of goods, which totals 148 Billion Tonnes each year in the UK (and that's only the goods transported by UK registered vehicles!).
Daily Duties of a Class 2 Driver
- Planning Delivery Routes
- Coordinating Deliveries with Customers
- Supervising the Loading of Goods
- Securing Goods to ensure they are safely loaded for transport
- Checking and amending routes when required
- Vehicle Inspections and adhering to Safety Regulations
- Filing Paperwork including logging your Driver hours
- Vehicle Maintenance logging
- Communicate issues with Dispatchers/Employer
- Interact with Customers
Skills and Experience of a Class 2 Driver
- Good driving skills and knowledge of current Road Transport Regulations.
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Mechanical and vehicle knowledge
- Polite, courteous, respectful and helpful.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete Paperwork and often use hand-held electronic devices to log your deliveries.
What does Colchester have to offer?
£17500 - 19000 Per Annum
Looking for an Assistant Chef to work for a catering establishment which caters for tourists and activity groups. As second chef you will be required to assist with delivery of the catering service to all guests. This will include hands-on cooking, kitchen management tasks, deputising as appropriate, and assisting with the supervision of the catering team. Job title: Assistant Chef Location: Colchester, Essex Rate of pay: £17,500 - £19,000 per annum The daily duties of an Assistant Chef: Cooking and delivering of breakfasts and evening meals for up to 80 visitors, whilst ensuring the wide variety of dietary needs and tastes are met at all times. Ensuring all meals are produced in line with health and hygiene regulations. Accurately completing all monitoring and recording paperwork i.e. HACCP. Hours of work between 0600 - 1900 Provision of light lunches or packed lunches for groups, as required. Preparation of home baked items for packed lunches, afternoon teas and supper. Washing up of utensils, crockery and cutlery as required. Assisting with sourcing suppliers, stock control, and placing orders. Ensuring that tea/coffee making areas for visitors are kept clean and stocked. Ensuring that catering equipment is appropriately maintained. Routine cleaning of the kitchen to ensure hygiene standards are met at all times. Participating in the cleaning, upkeep and decorating of the kitchen and dining area in off-peak times. The requirements of an Assistant Chef: Previous experience in this role. Level 2 Food and Hygiene. Good work ethic. How to apply: If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to email@example.com and call Penny on 01473 558443 for more information! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.