Your Role as a Class 2 Driver
Haulage and logistics is the 5th largest UK Employment sector, this means that Class 2 Drivers are in demand. You can work on short or long haul delivery runs on either a permanent or flexible contract basis. Class 2 Drivers are able to drive Category C rigid vehicles. If you like to work alone and enjoy travelling the country and want a job that is reliable then this is a great career choice! You will help keep businesses and the economy moving by playing a vital role in the movement of goods, which totals 148 Billion Tonnes each year in the UK (and that's only the goods transported by UK registered vehicles!).
Daily Duties of a Class 2 Driver
- Planning Delivery Routes
- Coordinating Deliveries with Customers
- Supervising the Loading of Goods
- Securing Goods to ensure they are safely loaded for transport
- Checking and amending routes when required
- Vehicle Inspections and adhering to Safety Regulations
- Filing Paperwork including logging your Driver hours
- Vehicle Maintenance logging
- Communicate issues with Dispatchers/Employer
- Interact with Customers
Skills and Experience of a Class 2 Driver
- Good driving skills and knowledge of current Road Transport Regulations.
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Mechanical and vehicle knowledge
- Polite, courteous, respectful and helpful.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete Paperwork and often use hand-held electronic devices to log your deliveries.
What does Colchester have to offer?
£9 - 12 Per Hour
Swanstaff Ipswich needs you now more than ever. We are looking for DBS Kitchen Assistans within Colchester and the surrounding areas. Our candidates are the #HiddenHeros and we need more of them. You will become part of a team who are passionate about keeping premises clean and people safe. Job Title: DBS Kitchen Assistant Location: Colchester Salary: £9ph-£12ph Due to increasing demand from our clients in the Colchester area, we are looking to recruit additional DBS Kitchen Assistants with experience of working within care homes. Working as a Kitchen Assistant within our client’s team, you will be required to assist with the daily food preperation of all meals to a high standard, preparing food trolleys and delivering to the wards. Keeping all preperation areas following all mandatory COSHH and HACPP guidelines. Working hours are 0800 – 1900 and will require weekend working. Requirements A minimum of 6 months previous experience Food Hygiene Certificate level 2 dated within the last 3 years DBS dated within the last 12 months or on the update service (if you do not have one, one can be applied for) What do you need to think about before applying? We couldn’t achieve what we do without our amazing teams. We believe in our people and want to ensure you feel appreciated and supported at every step of your journey with us. For this reason, we offer an excellent range of benefits as listed below. Competitive pay rates, Weekly paid FREE training 24 hour support Flexible hours Refer a Friend Scheme-get up to £200 for referring a carer or nurse to us