Your Role as a Class 2 Driver
Haulage and logistics is the 5th largest UK Employment sector, this means that Class 2 Drivers are in demand. You can work on short or long haul delivery runs on either a permanent or flexible contract basis. Class 2 Drivers are able to drive Category C rigid vehicles. If you like to work alone and enjoy travelling the country and want a job that is reliable then this is a great career choice! You will help keep businesses and the economy moving by playing a vital role in the movement of goods, which totals 148 Billion Tonnes each year in the UK (and that's only the goods transported by UK registered vehicles!).
Daily Duties of a Class 2 Driver
- Planning Delivery Routes
- Coordinating Deliveries with Customers
- Supervising the Loading of Goods
- Securing Goods to ensure they are safely loaded for transport
- Checking and amending routes when required
- Vehicle Inspections and adhering to Safety Regulations
- Filing Paperwork including logging your Driver hours
- Vehicle Maintenance logging
- Communicate issues with Dispatchers/Employer
- Interact with Customers
Skills and Experience of a Class 2 Driver
- Good driving skills and knowledge of current Road Transport Regulations.
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Mechanical and vehicle knowledge
- Polite, courteous, respectful and helpful.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete Paperwork and often use hand-held electronic devices to log your deliveries.
Enfield is ideally situated close to transport infrastructure which provides easy access to markets in London, the UK and Europe. Enfield's proximity to the M25 provides road access to every major city and business centre in the UK. There are five international airports, serving every major world destination, all within one hour by car. The borough is home to over 12,300 businesses providing almost 132,000 jobs.
Enfield is home to 20 industrial estates which provide jobs within some of the UK's flagship food manufacturers including Coca-cola Enterprises, Arla Foods, Greggs and Warburtons. Other key sectors providing employment in the area include Health and Social Work, Administration and Support Services and Education.
With over 6,000 acres of green space, including parks, golf courses and farms, Enfield is a unique London location. It has a rural feel, yet still offers all the advantages of a borough in the capital.