Your Role as a Class 2 Driver
Haulage and logistics is the 5th largest UK Employment sector, this means that Class 2 Drivers are in demand. You can work on short or long haul delivery runs on either a permanent or flexible contract basis. Class 2 Drivers are able to drive Category C rigid vehicles. If you like to work alone and enjoy travelling the country and want a job that is reliable then this is a great career choice! You will help keep businesses and the economy moving by playing a vital role in the movement of goods, which totals 148 Billion Tonnes each year in the UK (and that's only the goods transported by UK registered vehicles!).
Daily Duties of a Class 2 Driver
- Planning Delivery Routes
- Coordinating Deliveries with Customers
- Supervising the Loading of Goods
- Securing Goods to ensure they are safely loaded for transport
- Checking and amending routes when required
- Vehicle Inspections and adhering to Safety Regulations
- Filing Paperwork including logging your Driver hours
- Vehicle Maintenance logging
- Communicate issues with Dispatchers/Employer
- Interact with Customers
Skills and Experience of a Class 2 Driver
- Good driving skills and knowledge of current Road Transport Regulations.
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Mechanical and vehicle knowledge
- Polite, courteous, respectful and helpful.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete Paperwork and often use hand-held electronic devices to log your deliveries.
The county of Essex, in England, represents the positives of British culture, past and present. Located in the south-east of England and within easy access of London, this uniquely English county has so much to offer with rolling countryside, coastal and market towns and busier urban hubs such as Colchester and Chelmsford.
The county is also great for businesses, with four international deep sea ports, six rail freight terminals and the UK’s third largest cargo airport (London Stansted) in Essex it is easy to see why over 90,000 businesses choose Essex as their home.