Your Role as a Class 2 Driver
Haulage and logistics is the 5th largest UK Employment sector, this means that Class 2 Drivers are in demand. You can work on short or long haul delivery runs on either a permanent or flexible contract basis. Class 2 Drivers are able to drive Category C rigid vehicles. If you like to work alone and enjoy travelling the country and want a job that is reliable then this is a great career choice! You will help keep businesses and the economy moving by playing a vital role in the movement of goods, which totals 148 Billion Tonnes each year in the UK (and that's only the goods transported by UK registered vehicles!).
Daily Duties of a Class 2 Driver
- Planning Delivery Routes
- Coordinating Deliveries with Customers
- Supervising the Loading of Goods
- Securing Goods to ensure they are safely loaded for transport
- Checking and amending routes when required
- Vehicle Inspections and adhering to Safety Regulations
- Filing Paperwork including logging your Driver hours
- Vehicle Maintenance logging
- Communicate issues with Dispatchers/Employer
- Interact with Customers
Skills and Experience of a Class 2 Driver
- Good driving skills and knowledge of current Road Transport Regulations.
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Mechanical and vehicle knowledge
- Polite, courteous, respectful and helpful.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete Paperwork and often use hand-held electronic devices to log your deliveries.
The county of Herts has a population of over 1.2 Million people and an Unemployment rate lower than the national average at 3.6%, with towns including Hatfield, St Albans, Hemel Hempstead, Waltham Cross, Stevenage and Letchworth Garden City all having great transport links to central London. Herts also borders London Boroughs including Enfield, Barnet and Harrow.
The county has a lot to offer residents and visitors, including a Snow Centre, Warner Brothers Studio Tours including Harry Potter Tour and miles of open countryside for outdoor pursuits in areas such as Tring.
3.5t Van Driver
£9 Per Annum
Swanstaff are recruiting for a Van Driver to join the team within a busy plumbing supplier in the Waltham Abbey area. You will be helping to keep our client's business moving by delivering throughout the South of England,London and East Anglia. The successful candidate will initially be required to cover adhoc holiday cover with the opportunity to work with our client on a permanent basis in the future for the right candidate. As a Swanstaff driver you will benefit from Weekly Pay, a friendly office team, refer a friend bonuses and more! Your role as aVan Driver will include: Undertake a pre vehicle checklist before leaving depot Undertake pre shift brief with manager Multi drop of plumbing supplies Knock and drop - once deliveries are completed, return to depot and end your day Help with unloading if required Check delivery notes against items to ensure of no mistakes Requirements for this Van Driver role: Minimum 2 years experience within a van driving role Must be 25 years or over Drivers are monitored and must adhere to good driving practices at all times Are you interested in this role? Apply online today or alternatively send your updated CV to email@example.com or call Jade on 01992 641987 for more information!