Your Role as a Class 2 Driver
Haulage and logistics is the 5th largest UK Employment sector, this means that Class 2 Drivers are in demand. You can work on short or long haul delivery runs on either a permanent or flexible contract basis. Class 2 Drivers are able to drive Category C rigid vehicles. If you like to work alone and enjoy travelling the country and want a job that is reliable then this is a great career choice! You will help keep businesses and the economy moving by playing a vital role in the movement of goods, which totals 148 Billion Tonnes each year in the UK (and that's only the goods transported by UK registered vehicles!).
Daily Duties of a Class 2 Driver
- Planning Delivery Routes
- Coordinating Deliveries with Customers
- Supervising the Loading of Goods
- Securing Goods to ensure they are safely loaded for transport
- Checking and amending routes when required
- Vehicle Inspections and adhering to Safety Regulations
- Filing Paperwork including logging your Driver hours
- Vehicle Maintenance logging
- Communicate issues with Dispatchers/Employer
- Interact with Customers
Skills and Experience of a Class 2 Driver
- Good driving skills and knowledge of current Road Transport Regulations.
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Mechanical and vehicle knowledge
- Polite, courteous, respectful and helpful.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete Paperwork and often use hand-held electronic devices to log your deliveries.
Peterborough has a population of almost 200,000 people, 125,000 of which are of working age (16-64). There are 117,000 local jobs. Key sectors providing jobs include Health and Social work, Administration and Support Services and Wholesale and Retail trade.
The city centre has leisure amenities including cinema, the Queensgate shopping centre and also has it's own Gothic cathedral and museum. The area is also home to other attractions including Flag Fen Archaeology Park which features Bronze Age village and causeway remains Nene Park and Ferry Meadows recreation area.
To find out more about our Recruitment Agency in Peterborough click here.
Warehouse Forklift Driver
£9 - 10 Per Hour
We are looking for someone with previous Forklift experience? Do you have REACH, PPT or VNA? If this is you then we would love to hear from you! Job Title: Warehouse Forklift Driver Location: Peterborough Rate of Pay: £9.00-£10.00 per hour The Role of a Warehouse Forklift Driver: You will be required to work with the company Health and Safety policy - ensuring all work is carried out to the highest possible standard. You will be required to operate Forklift within a Warehouse. We are looking for individuals with Reach, PPT or VNA licenses. You will need to have previous forklift experience and obtain a valid license. And would need to be available to start immediately. We have shifts from 06:00-14:00 and 14:00-22:00 with pay between £9-£10 but can be confirmed at interview. Possible night shifts available. Requirements of a Warehouse Forklift Driver: REACH, PPT or VNA licence Benefits: We offer weekly pay Refer a friend scheme opportunity for ongoing work How to apply: If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to email@example.com and call Emily on 01733 307640 for more information!