Your Role as a Driver
If you are an experienced commercial driver looking for your next driving job then look no further! Driving roles offer the opportunity to work independently and if you enjoy being on the road and helping keep businesses and the economy moving then this is a great career option! What's more HGV drivers, in particular, are in high demand across the UK. Did you know that 148 Billion Tonnes of Goods were moved in the UK by GB registered HGV's alone in 2017-2018? That equates to over 18.6 billion KM's Travelled!
Swanstaff recruit Drivers for a variety of jobs including:
- 3.5t Driver Jobs
- 7.5t Driver Jobs
- Class 1 Driver Jobs
- Class 2 Driver Jobs
- Fork Lift Truck Driver Jobs
- ADR Driving Jobs
- Drivers Mate Jobs
Duties of a Driver
- Drive safely and adhere to all Health and Safety regulations
- Route Planning for optimised delivery times
- Report any accidents or injuries to Supervisors immediately.
- Loading and Unloading of Goods
- Report any maintenance requirements
- Follow road regulations and abide by road traffic laws.
- Work with support teams to provide exceptional customer services and address customer concerns.
- Perform vehicle inspection before and after each trip
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain driving log, prepare vehicle performance forms and complete daily paperwork
- Provide special care in delivering fragile and hazardous products.
- Utilise handheld devices to record deliveries
Required Skills and Experience of a Driver
- Self Dependent and enjoy working alone
- Reliability and Honesty
- Planning skills
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Customer service skills
- Mechanical knowledge and an understanding of how the vehicle works/operates
Reach Forklift Truck Driver
£9 Per Hour
Swanstaff are looking for 3X Reach Truck Drivers to start asap for our client in Hertford. This position in temp to perm. Job title: Reach FLT Driver Location: Hertford Rate of pay: £9.00 per hour The role of a Reach Truck Driver: Reach Truck for Medical Supplies Unloading and Loading Containers Ad Hoc Warehouse tasks Monday To Friday 8.30am- 6pm The requirements of a Reach Truck Driver: Must have 6 months UK Experience Must have you own Reach Truck Certificate Shifts: Monday to Friday 8.30am -6pm Please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Franco from our Waltham Cross branch on 01992 641987! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
Flexi Forklift Driver
£8.72 - 10 Per Hour
Are you an experienced Forklift Driver looking for a new role in the Kings Lynn area? Swanstaff Kings Lynn need to hear from you! Job title:Flexi Forklift Driver Location:Wisbech, Norfolk Rate of pay:£8.72 - £10.00 per hour The role of a Flexi Forklift Driver: Loading containers of a ramp Curtain siders from the floor Unloading/loading raking The requirements of a Forklift Driver: 6 months previous experience in this role A valid Flexi Forklift licence The benefits of working for Swanstaff: Weekly pay 24/7 support from our consultants Refer a Friend scheme - you can earn up to £200 - T&Cs apply, contact your branch for more information! Temp of the Month scheme If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Chloe from our National Temps team!