Your Role as a Driver
If you are an experienced commercial driver looking for your next driving job then look no further! Driving roles offer the opportunity to work independently and if you enjoy being on the road and helping keep businesses and the economy moving then this is a great career option! What's more HGV drivers, in particular, are in high demand across the UK. Did you know that 148 Billion Tonnes of Goods were moved in the UK by GB registered HGV's alone in 2017-2018? That equates to over 18.6 billion KM's Travelled!
Swanstaff recruit Drivers for a variety of jobs including:
- 3.5t Driver Jobs
- 7.5t Driver Jobs
- Class 1 Driver Jobs
- Class 2 Driver Jobs
- Fork Lift Truck Driver Jobs
- ADR Driving Jobs
- Drivers Mate Jobs
Duties of a Driver
- Drive safely and adhere to all Health and Safety regulations
- Route Planning for optimised delivery times
- Report any accidents or injuries to Supervisors immediately.
- Loading and Unloading of Goods
- Report any maintenance requirements
- Follow road regulations and abide by road traffic laws.
- Work with support teams to provide exceptional customer services and address customer concerns.
- Perform vehicle inspection before and after each trip
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain driving log, prepare vehicle performance forms and complete daily paperwork
- Provide special care in delivering fragile and hazardous products.
- Utilise handheld devices to record deliveries
Required Skills and Experience of a Driver
- Self Dependent and enjoy working alone
- Reliability and Honesty
- Planning skills
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Customer service skills
- Mechanical knowledge and an understanding of how the vehicle works/operates
Ashford in Kent boasts to be the second fastest growing district in the county, with a population increase of 22.2% - providing a growing workforce population for the SME's and large corporations based locally. The town has international rail links via the Eurostar and the town is surrounded by idyllic countryside and thriving market towns.
For those that live locally, the area sees fair and affordable house prices compared to other areas in the South East and 34% lower than London. There is plenty to do in the local area too including a Designer Shopping outlet and beaches within easy reach. The area is also becoming increasingly known for its Vineyards and there are various hiking trails along the South Downs.