Your Role as a Driver
If you are an experienced commercial driver looking for your next driving job then look no further! Driving roles offer the opportunity to work independently and if you enjoy being on the road and helping keep businesses and the economy moving then this is a great career option! What's more HGV drivers, in particular, are in high demand across the UK. Did you know that 148 Billion Tonnes of Goods were moved in the UK by GB registered HGV's alone in 2017-2018? That equates to over 18.6 billion KM's Travelled!
Swanstaff recruit Drivers for a variety of jobs including:
- 3.5t Driver Jobs
- 7.5t Driver Jobs
- Class 1 Driver Jobs
- Class 2 Driver Jobs
- Fork Lift Truck Driver Jobs
- ADR Driving Jobs
- Drivers Mate Jobs
Duties of a Driver
- Drive safely and adhere to all Health and Safety regulations
- Route Planning for optimised delivery times
- Report any accidents or injuries to Supervisors immediately.
- Loading and Unloading of Goods
- Report any maintenance requirements
- Follow road regulations and abide by road traffic laws.
- Work with support teams to provide exceptional customer services and address customer concerns.
- Perform vehicle inspection before and after each trip
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain driving log, prepare vehicle performance forms and complete daily paperwork
- Provide special care in delivering fragile and hazardous products.
- Utilise handheld devices to record deliveries
Required Skills and Experience of a Driver
- Self Dependent and enjoy working alone
- Reliability and Honesty
- Planning skills
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Customer service skills
- Mechanical knowledge and an understanding of how the vehicle works/operates
Basildon is the largest and fastest growing economy in Essex with big names such as Ford Motor Company and Konica Minolta based in the town. The town has a population of over 180,000 people and an economy worth £3.7bn. The area is strong for the digital, creative and ICT sectors and is well connected with London and international destinations. It is just 30 minutes by train to London and 20 minutes from London Southend airport.
Class 1 and 2 Drivers
£13 - 15 Per Hour
Are you an experienced Class 1 or Class 2 Driver in the Basildon area looking for a new role? We need to hear from you! HGV Class 1 & 2 Drivers Wanted - Excellent rates of pay Swanstaff Recruitment national driving division are looking for HGV Cat CE Driver (s) to cover various shifts around the Basildon area! On a weekly basis we have several shifts that need filling; these positions range from deliveries/collections, General Haulage, Pallet work or Trunking. Day and night shifts are available, we offer excellent rates of pay. Please contact us for further details or apply to this posting and someone will contact you to discuss everything in further detail. Company Requirements: HGV Class 1 (C+E) Entitlement held for minimum of 2 years. At least 12 months experience driving a HGV Class 1 & 2 vehicle Valid Digital Tachograph Card Valid Driver Qualification (CPC) Card Maximum 6 points on licence –DR,DDorINconviction codes will not be accepted. Full 5 Year employment history with no more than 28-day gaps in employment Clean Criminal Record Check (DBS / CRC) (not essential as we can assist you in obtaining this) We are offering the following rates of pay*: From £13.00 to £15.00 per hour If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Amy O'Keeffe! Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.