Your Role as a Driver
If you are an experienced commercial driver looking for your next driving job then look no further! Driving roles offer the opportunity to work independently and if you enjoy being on the road and helping keep businesses and the economy moving then this is a great career option! What's more HGV drivers, in particular, are in high demand across the UK. Did you know that 148 Billion Tonnes of Goods were moved in the UK by GB registered HGV's alone in 2017-2018? That equates to over 18.6 billion KM's Travelled!
Swanstaff recruit Drivers for a variety of jobs including:
- 3.5t Driver Jobs
- 7.5t Driver Jobs
- Class 1 Driver Jobs
- Class 2 Driver Jobs
- Fork Lift Truck Driver Jobs
- ADR Driving Jobs
- Drivers Mate Jobs
Duties of a Driver
- Drive safely and adhere to all Health and Safety regulations
- Route Planning for optimised delivery times
- Report any accidents or injuries to Supervisors immediately.
- Loading and Unloading of Goods
- Report any maintenance requirements
- Follow road regulations and abide by road traffic laws.
- Work with support teams to provide exceptional customer services and address customer concerns.
- Perform vehicle inspection before and after each trip
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain driving log, prepare vehicle performance forms and complete daily paperwork
- Provide special care in delivering fragile and hazardous products.
- Utilise handheld devices to record deliveries
Required Skills and Experience of a Driver
- Self Dependent and enjoy working alone
- Reliability and Honesty
- Planning skills
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Customer service skills
- Mechanical knowledge and an understanding of how the vehicle works/operates
Cambridgshire is a county northeast of London. Many areas of the county are rural with areas such as Godmanchester, Huntington, Ely and Wisbech providing agricultural land and market towns to the surrounding population. Larger areas such as Peterborough and Cambridge are more densely populated.
Cambridgeshire, and in particular Cambridge itself has a worldwide reputation as a place where new technologies emerge, companies are born and products that transform society are developed. The county is home to over 28,000 businesses providing 381,000 jobs. There are four dominating sectors in the area which each provide over 40,000 jobs - Professional, Scientific & Tech, Health and Social Work, Wholesale and Retail Trade and Education.
The area provides many leisure activities and attractions for residents and visitors alike including the Imperial War Museum, Ely Cathedral, Punting on the riverways, visiting historical places of interest such as Oliver Cromwell's residence or a visit to the famous Cambridge University.
Full-time Counterbalance Forklift Driver
£8.45 - 12.67 Per Hour
Swanstaff are currently recruiting for a Counterbalance Forklift Driver to support our client in Peterborough. We are looking for an experienced candidate to join the present team on an ongoing temporary basis. You will be loading and unloading lorries, picking and stacking tote bags as well as pallets. You will need to be physically fit due to some heavy lifting involved. Stock will be booked in and out using a scanner but you will be expected to cross-check naturally so good numeracy and literacy are required. You are also possibly meeting directly with customers so a pleasant manner is required. Work Pattern: Working Monday to Friday (and Saturdays during peak periods Feb-Apr and Jul-Oct). During peak periods you will work Monday to Friday 12 hour shifts within the hours of 0600 and 2000 with Saturday mornings. Off-peak will settle to a standard 40 hours although some flexibility may be required should deliveries be late arriving. Requirements: Valid Counterbalance Forklift Licence Flexibility in working hours Must be able to communicate well in English (both written and verbally) Benefits: Overtime at 1.5 after 40 hours worked Monday to Friday with Saturday mornings - No working on Sundays Temporary to possible Permanent position for the right candidate Quick start available Weekly Pay Apply today, please note aTelephone interview will be conducted before shortlisting of candidates. A quick start is required but the right candidate is alsoimportant. Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.