Your Role as a Driver
If you are an experienced commercial driver looking for your next driving job then look no further! Driving roles offer the opportunity to work independently and if you enjoy being on the road and helping keep businesses and the economy moving then this is a great career option! What's more HGV drivers, in particular, are in high demand across the UK. Did you know that 148 Billion Tonnes of Goods were moved in the UK by GB registered HGV's alone in 2017-2018? That equates to over 18.6 billion KM's Travelled!
Swanstaff recruit Drivers for a variety of jobs including:
- 3.5t Driver Jobs
- 7.5t Driver Jobs
- Class 1 Driver Jobs
- Class 2 Driver Jobs
- Fork Lift Truck Driver Jobs
- ADR Driving Jobs
- Drivers Mate Jobs
Duties of a Driver
- Drive safely and adhere to all Health and Safety regulations
- Route Planning for optimised delivery times
- Report any accidents or injuries to Supervisors immediately.
- Loading and Unloading of Goods
- Report any maintenance requirements
- Follow road regulations and abide by road traffic laws.
- Work with support teams to provide exceptional customer services and address customer concerns.
- Perform vehicle inspection before and after each trip
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain driving log, prepare vehicle performance forms and complete daily paperwork
- Provide special care in delivering fragile and hazardous products.
- Utilise handheld devices to record deliveries
Required Skills and Experience of a Driver
- Self Dependent and enjoy working alone
- Reliability and Honesty
- Planning skills
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Customer service skills
- Mechanical knowledge and an understanding of how the vehicle works/operates
What does Colchester have to offer?
Counterbalance Forklift Driver
£9 Per Hour
Swanstaff are looking for experienced counterbalance forklift drivers to join a manufacturing client based on Severalls industrial estate. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 year experience working on the counterbalance forklift truck. Job title: Counterbalance Forklift Driver Location: Colchester, Essex Rate of pay: £9.00 per hour The role of a Counterbalance Forklift Driver: Loading goods onto lorries / vans. Liaising with the warehouse manager. Manual handling goods onto pallets. Stacking pallets. Wrapping pallets for dispatch. Printing appropriate stickers for palletised stock to ensure it is delivered to the correct location. Standard working hours: 07:30 - 17:00 Monday to Thursday 07:30 - 16:30 Friday Please do bear in mind that although this is a counterbalance forklift role, you will be required to work off the forklift around 70% of your working day. You will need your own pair of steel toe-capped boots due to this being based within a warehouse. If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and call Lucy on 01206 570688 for more information!
Bendi/Flexi Forklift Driver
£9 - 10 Per Hour
Swanstaff are looking for experienced Flexi forklift drivers to join a prestigious client based in Colchester. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 years' experience working on a Bendi/Flexi forklift truck and hold an up to date certificate. This is a temp to perm opportunity meaning that should you be successful within a 12 week period, you will be offered a full time permanent contract with our client. Job title: Bendi/Flexi Forklift Driver Location: Colchester Rate of pay: £9.00 - £10.00 per hour The role of a Bendi/Flexi Forklift Driver: Loading goods onto lorries / vans Liaising with the warehouse manager and quick to carry out instruction Loading Pallets and unloading pallets Manual handling goods Printing appropriate stickers for palletised stock to ensure it is delivered to the correct location The requirements of a Bendi/Flexi Forklift Driver: A minimum of one years' experience in this role Standard working hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 14:00pm-22:00pm Sunday 12:00pm-22:00pm If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to email@example.com and call Lucy on 01206 570688 for more information!