Your Role as a Driver
If you are an experienced commercial driver looking for your next driving job then look no further! Driving roles offer the opportunity to work independently and if you enjoy being on the road and helping keep businesses and the economy moving then this is a great career option! What's more HGV drivers, in particular, are in high demand across the UK. Did you know that 148 Billion Tonnes of Goods were moved in the UK by GB registered HGV's alone in 2017-2018? That equates to over 18.6 billion KM's Travelled!
Swanstaff recruit Drivers for a variety of jobs including:
- 3.5t Driver Jobs
- 7.5t Driver Jobs
- Class 1 Driver Jobs
- Class 2 Driver Jobs
- Fork Lift Truck Driver Jobs
- ADR Driving Jobs
- Drivers Mate Jobs
Duties of a Driver
- Drive safely and adhere to all Health and Safety regulations
- Route Planning for optimised delivery times
- Report any accidents or injuries to Supervisors immediately.
- Loading and Unloading of Goods
- Report any maintenance requirements
- Follow road regulations and abide by road traffic laws.
- Work with support teams to provide exceptional customer services and address customer concerns.
- Perform vehicle inspection before and after each trip
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain driving log, prepare vehicle performance forms and complete daily paperwork
- Provide special care in delivering fragile and hazardous products.
- Utilise handheld devices to record deliveries
Required Skills and Experience of a Driver
- Self Dependent and enjoy working alone
- Reliability and Honesty
- Planning skills
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Customer service skills
- Mechanical knowledge and an understanding of how the vehicle works/operates
Nestled just within the M25 in Kent, Dartford proves a great area to both work and live and has a population of over 107,000 people
With excellent transport links to London, Bluewater Shopping Centre and Ebbsfleet International train station on it's doorstep, Dartford is a busy town boasting several Business Parks and business distribution centres. Companies such as Laing O'Rourke, Tesla and Mazda all have central offices located in the Town.
HGV Class 1 / C+E Driver (Tramping/Nights Out)
£36608 Per Annum + 25 per night out bonus
Are you looking to branch away from your boring daily commute? We havenights-out roles available in the Dartford area! With these roles, you will be working up to 4 nights out per week, which means you will only be travelling to and from the depot once or twice a week, saving you miles and money on your current daily commute! Swanstaff are seeking experienced HGV Class 1 Drivers on behalf of our client, who are keen to secure a new opportunity collecting trailer units from variousports across the UK! This is a genuine opportunity to branch away from dead-end driving roles into a long-term, challenging career with unlimited future potential! Job Title: HGV Class 1 Tramper Driver (Class 1/C+E/Nights Out) Location: Dartford, Kent Salary: £36,608 per annum + £25 per night “Night Out” bonus + “Sick Pot Bonus after 1 year of employment” All you need is a minimum of 2 years, HGV Class 1 experience and a go-getter attitude! You will be flexible to complete tramping shift patterns on a Monday – Friday basis. Full training is provided along with stability, career progression and an amazing team behind you! Please note, assessments and training for these roles will be based in Dartford, Kent. The Role of a HGV Class 1 Tramper Driver Collecting and delivering curtain-sided trailers from different ports across the UK Ensuring all loads are safely strapped and secured Ensuring all cargo is collecting and delivered Requirements of a HGV Car Tramper Driver: Full Class 1 (Cat C+E) Driving Licence Valid Digital Tachograph Card Valid CPC/DQC Card Minimum of 2 years recent experience in Class 1 Driving Must be comfortable undertaking overnight stay shifts If you are looking for the next step in your careerthen please get in touch with Garethin our Head Office on 01322 479999. These roles will be filled quickly, so get intouch today if you don’t want to miss out! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company