Your Role as a Driver
If you are an experienced commercial driver looking for your next driving job then look no further! Driving roles offer the opportunity to work independently and if you enjoy being on the road and helping keep businesses and the economy moving then this is a great career option! What's more HGV drivers, in particular, are in high demand across the UK. Did you know that 148 Billion Tonnes of Goods were moved in the UK by GB registered HGV's alone in 2017-2018? That equates to over 18.6 billion KM's Travelled!
Swanstaff recruit Drivers for a variety of jobs including:
- 3.5t Driver Jobs
- 7.5t Driver Jobs
- Class 1 Driver Jobs
- Class 2 Driver Jobs
- Fork Lift Truck Driver Jobs
- ADR Driving Jobs
- Drivers Mate Jobs
Duties of a Driver
- Drive safely and adhere to all Health and Safety regulations
- Route Planning for optimised delivery times
- Report any accidents or injuries to Supervisors immediately.
- Loading and Unloading of Goods
- Report any maintenance requirements
- Follow road regulations and abide by road traffic laws.
- Work with support teams to provide exceptional customer services and address customer concerns.
- Perform vehicle inspection before and after each trip
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain driving log, prepare vehicle performance forms and complete daily paperwork
- Provide special care in delivering fragile and hazardous products.
- Utilise handheld devices to record deliveries
Required Skills and Experience of a Driver
- Self Dependent and enjoy working alone
- Reliability and Honesty
- Planning skills
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Customer service skills
- Mechanical knowledge and an understanding of how the vehicle works/operates
Ipswich is a large town in Suffolk with a population of 137,500. Set on the River Orwell, its waterfront is lined with cafes, galleries and shops, and the 19th-century Old Custom House which reflects the towns maritime history.
If you are looking for something to do in Ipswich you could take a cruise along the river Orwell, visit Christchurch Mansion to view the historical artwork on display or spend your time shopping in the town where you will find an array of independent retailers as well as high street staples.
There are over 9500 businesses offering employment opportunities in Ipswich. The largest employment sector in Ipswich is Health and Social Care, closely followed by Wholesale and Retail trades.