Your Role as a Driver
If you are an experienced commercial driver looking for your next driving job then look no further! Driving roles offer the opportunity to work independently and if you enjoy being on the road and helping keep businesses and the economy moving then this is a great career option! What's more HGV drivers, in particular, are in high demand across the UK. Did you know that 148 Billion Tonnes of Goods were moved in the UK by GB registered HGV's alone in 2017-2018? That equates to over 18.6 billion KM's Travelled!
Swanstaff recruit Drivers for a variety of jobs including:
- 3.5t Driver Jobs
- 7.5t Driver Jobs
- Class 1 Driver Jobs
- Class 2 Driver Jobs
- Fork Lift Truck Driver Jobs
- ADR Driving Jobs
- Drivers Mate Jobs
Duties of a Driver
- Drive safely and adhere to all Health and Safety regulations
- Route Planning for optimised delivery times
- Report any accidents or injuries to Supervisors immediately.
- Loading and Unloading of Goods
- Report any maintenance requirements
- Follow road regulations and abide by road traffic laws.
- Work with support teams to provide exceptional customer services and address customer concerns.
- Perform vehicle inspection before and after each trip
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain driving log, prepare vehicle performance forms and complete daily paperwork
- Provide special care in delivering fragile and hazardous products.
- Utilise handheld devices to record deliveries
Required Skills and Experience of a Driver
- Self Dependent and enjoy working alone
- Reliability and Honesty
- Planning skills
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Customer service skills
- Mechanical knowledge and an understanding of how the vehicle works/operates
Long known as Britain's Gateway to Europe, with over 70,000 registered businesses, Kent offers a great place to find work - with an unemployment rate of 2.4% - lower than the national average.
The county of Kent has a population of over 155 Million people, with towns including Dartford, Swanley, Maidstone, Sevenoaks, Ashford and Folkestone all having great transport links to London and the coast.
The county has a lot to offer it's residents and visitors, with miles of open countryside, quaint coastal towns and lifestyle destinations such as Bluewater Shopping Centre. You don't get a much better way to relax in your downtime than sitting in a Kentish pub garden with the sun shining down on you, enjoying the fresh countryside air that the garden of England offers.
£9.25 - 10.24 Per Hour
Are you an experienced counterbalance forklift driver seeking your next job? Are you flexible with working hours? If yes, please keep reading! We are seeking reliable and experienced forklift drivers to work for our client based in Dartford. Initially, this role is temporary ad hoc work but you never know what can happen... Plus we have other regular roles, too! Working hours can be day or night shifts so you need to be flexible! Job title: Forklift Driver Location: Dartford Rate of pay: £9.25 - £10.24 per hour The role of a Forklift Driver: Loading/unloading deliveries using the forklift General warehouse duties The ideal candidate must have: A valid counterbalance licence At least 1 years' sold experience of operating a forklift Reliable worker and flexible with different hours Available for temporary ad-hoc work Benefits: First point of call for all other relevant vacancies at Swanstaff Competitive pay 'Refer A Friend' scheme - earn cash rewards! Work available ASAP If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to email@example.com and call Demi on 01322 474655 for more information.
HGV Class 2 Driver
£11 Per Hour
Swanstaff Recruitment is in urgent need of 3 more HGV Class 2 drivers for our client based in Dartford. Start times are between 5-6am and deliveries could be within London, Kent or Sussex. Some deliveries are tailboard only but others do need to be unloaded into the client's premises, some of this can be heavy! Job title: HGV Class 2 Driver Location: Dartford Rate of pay: £11.00 per hour Requirements of a Class 2 Driver: Valid Class C/ HGV 2 Driving Licence Valid Drivers CPC card Valid tachograph Available Monday-Friday on an ongoing basis Benefits Fantastic pay rates, PLUS holiday pay, PLUS £150 sign up bonus (conditions apply) Weekly pay by BACS Regular work Full support of the experienced Swanstaff team Vehicles pre-loaded Some vehicles double manned Want to know more or how to apply? If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and call Tom on 01322 614900 for more information!